Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Wireless headphones

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Need some input/recommendations on some wireless headphones.  I'll mostly be using them for gaming  (ps4)  for when the fam bam are off to bed.  

Thanks
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use back beat two. Perfectly adequate to my needs, easy to set up blue tooth, comfy to wear. I use them for audio books. Only wish the battery lasted longer.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Do you Groupon? They often have the Sony brand Playstation "Gold" headset on sale for $79, and then you can sometimes apply a coupon to it. I've got one of these. It has a USB dongle that connects directly to the front of the PS4 (or a PS3). It has a microphone built it (although I never use it). The sound quality is excellent. The only drawback is that battery life isn't great--only 4-6 hours tops.  I tend to use this only when I'm watching a movie through the PS4 and exercising on the elliptical. 

On the extreme other end are the $10 wireless headphones you can find at your local Christmas Tree Shop. The "sticklike" transmitter tower attach via audio cables to the audio out of a PS4 (or, better yet, your TV, if it has audio outs). Not the most comfortable, but the sound quality is pretty good (they also can be used to listen to FM radio, but why would you?), and both headset and transmitter give you around 15-20 hours of life. However, they're only for listening and you have need batteries for the headset and transmitter (it can take a power supply, but it's not included). I tend to use this one for gaming, since longeitiy or charge, rather than sound quality is my higher priority. 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I have an xbox but have the Turtle Beach Stealth 500x.  They have a PS version as well.  The sound is really good, the mic quality is solid and the usb can be hooked up to a computer as well to provide wireless headphones for the computer/laptop.

https://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps4-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500p/591

If you want to get more towards the crazy stuff I also have a set of the Astro A50's but the older model that is not as friendly with the next gen consoles.  These are probably some of the best headphones system you can buy without having to piece things together.  Great functionality, good battery life, killer sound crispness (if you play CoD these are the choice) look awesome.

http://www.astrogaming.com/a50-headset/3AS50-PSW9N-383.html
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    I don't really need one that has a mic.  I'm not that hardcore of a gamer (not anymore anyways )  I just need some so I can play at night.  Wireless so I can sync to my new TV.

Here's what I had in mind of getting. (I have a $50 gift card to Best buy)
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does that connect to the PlayStation?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    It wont. I'm going to hook it up to my TV. I just want it so I can hear at night. 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I get a discount on those
    Lmk if you want a hook up
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The best buy brand insignia is better than the sony
    Either way you can use your card
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Nolagizmo said:
    The best buy brand insignia is better than the sony
    Either way you can use your card
    Which insignia?
  • Options
    I will pm you the SKU

Type it into search box to look at it on .com
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Beats by Dre.

I only use premipremiprem appliances.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I don't really need one that has a mic.  I'm not that hardcore of a gamer (not anymore anyways )  I just need some so I can play at night.  Wireless so I can sync to my new TV.

Here's what I had in mind of getting. (I have a $50 gift card to Best buy)
    I've had about a million different brands of these kinds of wireless headphones (like this one--transmitter base connects to audio from TV or console). What I've found is that if the transmitter is not Bluetooth, the higher the frequency the worse they perform. Most of the pricier models transmit on 900MHz or higher compared to the 42MHz of the "cheapies." I found that I could never get a consistent signal with the higher frequency models. Always interference, static, dropped signal, etc. They sound much better, but they weren't reliable. These days I think there's a lot more happening in the upper frequencies within a home than down on the low VHF end. But that's just my experience. Try these out and see what happens.