Home General Discussion

Coolidor questions

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
I may have to do a coolidor and have just a few questions. I have looked online and it looks very simple. Is it that simple and I have seen where some people put in empty boxes and others donts. And I guess you check the humidity level as often as you would your normal humidor?

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coolidor is probably about as easy as it gets for cigar storage.  I use heartfelt beads in one and Bovedas in the other and I could probably do without a hygrometer it is always spot on.  For me in my newest cooler I do have a few empty boxes to help take up space as if you have empty space it takes longer to recover once you open the cooler so the more you have in it the more stable it becomes.  If you have any specific questions let me know and I would be glad to help you out but it is really that easy.  Just make sure you scrub the cooler first to get rid of the plastic smell.  I found making a paste of water and baking soda, rub it all over the inside of the cooler including the lid and leaving it closed for 30 minutes and then rinsing out will get rid of it perfectly.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you signed up for the C.COM newsletter @genareddog ? Usually chock full of all kinds of good info .Shoot me your addy ill get you on the list ASAP!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.