Home General Discussion

Miami Beach.

Wife is headed to Miami Beach on business later his week. I hear its cigar paradise there. Anything I should tell her to get that hard to find elsewhere? Any good local rollers anyone recommends? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    El Titan de Bronze, for sure. Some amazing cigars come out of that little place.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been but I would love to check out the El Titan de Bronze factory, I'm not sure if the public is allowed to view the rolling etc..but they roll some really nice sticks there. I believe there's a My Father store there as well, would love to go there=Heaven
  • subtlehustlesubtlehustle Posts: 33
    Awesome, Thanks. I'll pass it along.
    So apparently my wife picked up some "Cuban" cohibas over the counter in Miami beach. Legit?? 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not looking good
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Ok, what do you notice?
     Besides the fact it was OTC. Ha!
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @subtlehustle there are some other good videos on youtube, but I grabbed this picture a little while back
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Thanks, so what is it actually?
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice would be to cut it open and find out. Usually you can find hair, floor sweepings, and other fine items inside
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Honestly, it's probably some random, cheap cigar with the fake band attached. Is the address where it was bought printed on the bag? Would love to have that outed so people know who is selling fake cigars.
    Deko drive cigar. Supposedly reputable.
    Please tell me you paid $19.95 for the box and not per stick. Real Cohiba Siglo VI's go for that price per stick, so I'm a little worried.
    edited January 2016
    No, just one stick. My wife other non cuban sticks too. We both knew this was 99% fake but what the hey...On a lighter note my friend is in Central America for 2 months picking me up all kinds of local stuff.
    On a lighter note my friend is in Central America for 2 months picking me up all kinds of local stuff.

If he is shopping for Cubans, he still has to be careful. Lots of counterfeits even where they can be bought legally (actually even more so). 
    I'm actually not LOOKING for Cubans, I'm more into the local and regional stuff. I figured Miami cigar culture there's a lot of places that roll their own and that's what I had my wife focus on, and my friend is travelling several countries in Central America and is getting me fresh local cigars. Close to the farm so to speak is what I'm more interested in. I just figured since she was in Miami to "see what she could do" as far as a Cuban. Since it was OTC I knew it wasn't the real deal.
    So the wife came home with the gars and receipt. The "Cuban" was rung up as an ashtray, and the proprietary cigars were rung up as Arturo Fuente's. It def was her receipt. So Deko Drive Cigars in Miami beach is definitely up so some shady stuff.
    edited January 2016
    Is it deko drive or deco drive?

I am curious as I had a co-worker bring me a couple sticks of their house rolled robustos a little while back:

http://www.decodrivecigars.com

I think it bears mentioning because there are often knock off companies which spring up (because cousin Tom or Biff didn't see eye to eye with what's his name), they change the spelling of their new company name just slightly, and try to ride the wave of the name of their cousin.

I honestly have no idea if that is the case here. Just curious.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Deco Drive Cigars. The Ocean Drive location, Miami Beach. FLA.
    ^ wow