Home Non Cigar Related

Any of You Humans on Facebook

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
Add me iffn you like?

I am the Jay Blair who studied Beer at School of Hard Knocks

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friend request sent.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Me too! Richard brass on fb
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping to the top

Add me if ya like
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got me tin foil hat on to tight for all that.. If I did create an account it would be under a fake name..
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been avoiding FB. I spent more time deleting ads and posts I did not want to see or read than anything else. I would rather hang out here with my BOTL and SOTL. I can choose my friends, I am stuck with my family.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Not on FB, that I know of anyways.  Not big on social media, I barely keep up with life. 
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got rid of it after almost 12 years. I first got on it the first year it came out while in college. It has been down hill ever since. Jan 1 this year I deactivated my account. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for family spread out across the country, I would have deactivated it already. 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fb. Still human!
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, shucks.

I don't buy into the fake culture there, etc, but it is nice to stay in touch with my friends in various places. LinkedIn is just too professional, and I don't tweet, squeak, snapshat or flutter (like Marty mentioned). 

Cool to follow Pete Johnson, musicians, libation companies, and various manufacturers, or car/motorbike companies there. 

If anyone changes their mind, see above, for my school, lol
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Does keep people connected across the miles.  A few years ago I was home after a hernia op and was bored so I got some email or something for classmates and signed up.  Pretty cool looking back, seeing what people were doing, and then started getting notifications and messages from people.  After I was back to work didn't do much with it but got to meet up with a few old friends from that, when they came back to visit, and still email a few.  That was my only foray into social media, well besides this.

Did play with that periscope app on the phone for awhile, but that's not the same thing.  Used to chat with the cigartist, well you type they talk, he'd be painting, smoking a cigar and listening to blues.  Did a few pericasts from the beach and nubble lighthouse, kinda neat.  Get some funny comments.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing personal Jay. I could add you and then not post anything for six months. I just tend to lurk a couple to a few times a month and that's about it.
    Pretty sure I have posted nothing since Puff Dougie added me a while back.