Home General Discussion
Options

Four Roses

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am not a whiskey drinker at all bit received this yesterday. Can anyone tell me if any good and is this something you drink?image

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fantastic. Very smooth and sweet. Just put an ounc in a shot glass and sip it for an hour.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't like it. Just box it up and send it to me. I'll dispose of it for you. One of my favorite bourbons right there.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Really nice bourbon. One of the smoother brands I've tried in my bourbon odyssey. Save it for sipping rather than mixing. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    This is good and something I drink. As said above, this is for sipping as this is a step above the mixer bourbons. However, it's your bottle so enjoy it anyway you prefer because that's what matters the most.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four Roses small batch is delicious and is great to drink by itself  (I prefer it neat) and makes the best manhattans. It beats out bourbons that are 2 to 3 times as expensive.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Very good
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Also try the Four Roses single barrel. A few bucks more but worth it. I like it as well as some bourbons that cost twice as much.
  • Options
    gripnrip said:
    Also try the Four Roses single barrel. A few bucks more but worth it. I like it as well as some bourbons that cost twice as much.
    I have a bottle of single barrel to try soon. The single barrel barrel-strength is awesome and definitely worth the extra extra for a top shelf bourbon (it's about $60). Lots of different mashes too. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually had a trivia contest earlier today for it so as soon as I get an addy it's out of here.
  • Options
    I actually had a trivia contest earlier today for it so as soon as I get an addy it's out of here.
    It will be enjoyed!
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    gripnrip said:
    I have a bottle of single barrel to try soon. The single barrel barrel-strength is awesome and definitely worth the extra extra for a top shelf bourbon (it's about $60). Lots of different mashes too. 

I've not seen the barrel strength here-the selection on most things are limited here in the sticks. I'll be sure to pick one up if I see it-thanks!