Home General Discussion

Funny in-law stories

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
After a long rough week and a nice visit from father inlaw today and to top it off have a certified envelope waiting for a signature at the po how a about some laughs. 
 Back in high school when my wife and I were dating and her parents were gone for the weekend we were watching tv(or something) down in the basement and then decided to watch tv in her bedroom. While watching tv we heard a noise and stopped watching tv for a few minutes and the brave soul that I am went out and looked all around the house to find nothing. The next day visiting with her family her dad said how he forgot a pair of shoes and came back to the house to get them and said he saw the lights and tv on downstairs but didn't want to bother us so went about his business and left. I think my wife crapped herself and I was always afraid to shot trap with him again. What's your story?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching tv huh
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Watching tv huh
    That was a looong time ago and that's what I remember 
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm...my wife got pregnant with our first child while we were living in their basement (we were in the process of buying our house). He is a big bear of a man and when we told him he said "You did WHAT to my daughter in MY BASEMENT??!?!?"
    I threw up my left hand and pointed to my wedding ring saying "It's legal, It's legal!"
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days, the young folk call it "tweeting".  B)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days, the young folk call it "tweeting".  B)
    Oh Puff, it's TWERKING now, not tweeting ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    During our wedding reception, my new father-in-law shook my hand and told me to take care of his wife! This has become the butt of many very inappropriate jokes ever since.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    @sleevepiz, have you?
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non Cigar Related 
    The certified letter that we needed to sign for was my oldest daughters college diploma! Need to be more positive and stop thinking the worst. One more daughter to go.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a cigar related note...
    Before I married my wife I proposed to her father with a cigar ( Believe it was a Java) and asked if he would be my in-law.

Now... Last Christmas the mother-in-law invited us over for breakfast. When we accepted she told us she didn't have enough food for us, and needed money to go buy more  :|
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...