Home General Discussion

Supermarket adds walk-in

SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
Harris Teeter. A regional supermarket in our area is adding a 350 box walk-in humidor to two stores in our area. I'm a little excited to see what lines they will carry. A friend's first comment was "I didn't know Swisher made that many varieties."
It is a refreshing change to all of the anti-smoking news, especially in a state that's economy was dominated by tobacco for generations.

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Harris Teeter from when we lived in Raleigh. That's very cool.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whereabouts are you from?  We have a Harris Teeter 16 miles from here, I can only hope they follow suit..  The only B & M's around here have cabinet humidors only.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    The store outside Pinehurst opened last Friday. I'll prolly go and check it out after all the new store crowds fade. They have another new store in the works for Fayetteville. After reading their PR releases & newspaper articles, I don't think they will be retrofitting older stores. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the back porch is always open, if you are down this way.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in Raleigh this week.  I brought some cigars to smoke but it is 20 degrees here.  I thought the south was supposed to be warm? LOL
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be yanking a load of beef to their distribution center in Indian Trail Sunday morn delivery. Doubt they will have a walk in for me to shop.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Sasquatch how was the walk in? Gonna be a good thing? What lines are they carrying?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    I don't know yet. The weather has been mid to high 60's here, so have been busy with a long honey-do list & a little fishing. I am planning on going next Saturday and will let you know.
    Sorry this took so long to update. It's a nice walk-in right next to the craft beer section. It was full of Patel, Ghurka, Drew Estate, & Padron. The infused were in a separate cabinet inside the room. Nothing too exciting brand wise, but better than nothing for a day's golf outing. I got a little excited since they had 26 & 64 Anny cigars listed at $7.50, but they had just filled the boxes with the regular 4000's. A little early for April 1st! If you are ever in the Pinehurst area it's worth a quick stop, but it is no fully stocked B&M.