Home General Discussion

Filler up

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you had a coolidor to fill up, what would you be putting in it? Just interested in everyones taste. Also, if you had to pick one, what would be your special occasion smoke?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Tatuaje, La Palina, My Father, Crowned Heads, Viaje, Warped, and Caldwell. I also really like Senorial and Laranja and Roma Craft
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illusione and Alec Bradley have been my favorites thus far. I'm always exploring though  :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Tatuaje, La Palina, My Father, Crowned Heads, Viaje, Warped, and Caldwell. I also really like Senorial and Laranja and Roma Craft
    This this plus Black Label Trading Company, 1502, and Illusione.  There are many great brands out there.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowned Heads, Tat, Fuente, La Palina, DPG, CC's, My Father

Special occasion would be Opus, Padron and Behike if budget was not an issue.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe throw in a couple diamond crowns also
    Crowned Heads, Tat, Fuente, La Palina, DPG, CC's, My Father

Special occasion would be Opus, Padron and Behike if budget was not an issue.
    Forgot the Fuente's, good catch
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

for good budget smokes AJ Fernandez has some great lines as well. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I would get a box of each of these... Undercrown, Undercrown Shade, Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne, ANYTHING Ave maria, Ramon Bueso Genesis and Casa Miranda Chapter one. Then my special occasion stick.... I really REALLY liked the Ave Maria Reconquista.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
    I forgot to add that I would add a bunch of Liga stuff as well.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    edited January 2016
    Sobremesa and El Gueguense also. Two great new releases. It would actually be easier to list what not to fill it with such as Gurkha and RP.
    -- Winston Churchill

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now its time to start looking for some deals. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Two of the daily deals are decent today for an everyday smoke. The MOW and Cao brazil
    -- Winston Churchill

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could win the lottery, and have to by another cooler! Just sayin'!
    cbuck said:
    Or you could win the lottery, and have to by another cooler! Just sayin'!

Yea but I would have to start buying tickets.
    Different lottery  ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar lottery. First of the month drawing. You win, everyone sends you 5 cigars! You lose, you send winner 5 cigars! 18 BOTL participated last month. Received 0ver 90 cigars! @genareddog
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Cigar lottery. First of the month drawing. You win, everyone sends you 5 cigars! You lose, you send winner 5 cigars! 18 BOTL participated last month. Received 0ver 90 cigars! @genareddog

Not to thread jack... But if you win that lottery can you just ask for part of the winnings and have the rest bombed out to someone else instead of you?
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
    cbuck said:

Not to thread jack... But if you win that lottery can you just ask for part of the winnings and have the rest bombed out to someone else instead of you?
    Nope.  You get destroyed!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

cbuck said:
    Got it I'm a little slow!
    Lol, bomb it out yourself

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot Camacho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    edited January 2016
    I'd put Todd's 20 count in it. 

Boxes would be Anejo 888, Opus, Tat Lanceros, Perdomo Champagne, DPG Blue Lancero. Special occasion would be Padron and/or Casa Fuente Lanceros. 

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Mine would be something like this..try to keep these on hand anyhow. Note, these are the ones I've had before, not including what I'd like to try:
    Kristoff
    MyFather
    Caldwell
    God of Fire
    Viaje
    Illusione
    MOW PA
    Side Project Little Devil
    San Lotano Oval
    El Triunfador
    HP Upmann Sungrown
    La Palina
    Liga (all)
    LFD

There is soo many to list...so I know I have left something out!

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    From my experience if your looking to age lfd and old Camacho are great to age! I've had some with 10yrs on them and they are excellent smokes. Also opus and anejos go on that list as well. But if it's just to fill the thing take it easy and make sure you'll like what you put in
    Money can't buy taste
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    the cooler is a very slippery slope.  when you fill one, you start another.  then you have a cooler for everything you like.  and never show anyone an empty cooler.

But TATS, LFD, MOW, DIESEL, VIAJE, LIGA

Talked with one of the guys at c.com and he really worked with me on prices. Have some Fuentes,padrons and crowned heads coming. Now the hard part of waiting for a bit for these things to age.

Crowned heads are good to go
    -- Winston Churchill