Home General Discussion

Do you smoke in your car?

For trips lasting, say an hour or more, do any of you enjoy a favorite cigar to pass the time?  Esp. when traveling alone?

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Made that mistake once. Took me weeks and a buncha Febreze to get rid of the smell. Since then, I've tried various suggestions but none of them work to my satisfaction sooooo....

i'll just wait 'til I'm somewhere where the smoke won't be a bother...  B)

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do fairly frequently.  What I have found to work the best for me...

1) crack your front drivers side window and back passenger side window
    2) if you are using A/C or heat make sure you are not using the recycling air from in the car option as then you get the smell in the vents and that's not good
    3) Hold stick in your left hand near the cracked window when not puffing to help pull smoke right out the window
    4) blow smoke towards window
    5) keep ashes in a can and remove when back home or when done driving

I dont ever have a smoke smell in my car doing this method
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Nope. Made that mistake once. Took me weeks and a buncha Febreze to get rid of the smell. Since then, I've tried various suggestions but none of them work to my satisfaction sooooo....

i'll just wait 'til I'm somewhere where the smoke won't be a bother...  B)

This Exactly (less the Febreeze). I had the Sun Roof and windows opened too. Didn't make a difference. Stale smoke lingered for weeks.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Nope.  Cant bring myself to do it.  I don't think you could ever get the smell out.
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    After I put so much work into cleaning/waxing/shampooing my car, I just don't want that smoke smell. It also just becomes a burden when trying to sell it.
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I go with what a old man told me...it's my car I don't care what other people think it smells like.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    doing it right now. my sons hockey bag out ranks my cigar any day.
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

Yes and no.  yes I smoke in my one car but not my other one.  I pick up and drive my son around in the car I don't smoke in.  He doesn't go in the other car.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do a lot of smoking in my car.  I crack the driver's side window and put the air/heat on as avengethis suggests.  I also bought an ionizer to plug into the lighter and I use a Febreeze clip on for one of the vents.  I haven't had any problems.  But then again, it is my car.
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I do a lot of smoking in my car.  I crack the driver's side window and put the air/heat on as avengethis suggests.  I also bought an ionizer to plug into the lighter and I use a Febreeze clip on for one of the vents.  I haven't had any problems.  But then again, it is my car.

I've got ash caked in every crevice you can find!!!!  Tons in the shifter boot too.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm smoking there now to get out the wind  
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheel366 said:
    YankeeMan said:

I've got ash caked in every crevice you can find!!!!  Tons in the shifter boot too.
    I had to laugh, I have a few ashes in the shifter boot also!