Home General Discussion

Careful driving

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
With all the nasty and severe weather just wanted make sure everyone takes it easy and watch out for all the idiots on the road. 

Comments

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Don't get out if you don't have to.  In my area, we are looking at 12+ inches of snow (on top of the 4 we got a couple days ago) coming, and being in a small town with a lot of back roads, it will take the county plows a long time to get the roads clear after this stops.  We already have power outages due to ice....

Stay safe out there!
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My parents are in Richmond, KY and my wife and kids were supposed to be headed their way today. They diverted to my sister's in Cincinatti and are hoping to make it into Kentucky on Sunday.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got me ice skates on and NC bound lol
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Got me ice skates on and NC bound lol

Stay safe my friend!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a couple new home roll blends I want to test out for a blend contest I'm wrapping up on bliss cigar. Got a couple minor bike wrenching projects to get done. Got Coors, Guinness, Bohemia, and Modelo all in the garage fridge. Football on the garage toob. Got a good anejo rum, a fine rye, a new Laphroaig scotch, and Makers Mark, so all the hooch bases are covered. Got a new Indian Motorcycle Cigars robusto I wanna fire up and try out, looks good. All in all, I anticipate an excellent snow day in the garage man cave, watching snow fall thru the bird window, wrenching, smoking, mellowing. 

Once night falls, and it gets too cold out there, it's the pup, the leather couch besdide the hearth, the DVR, Bearswatter feeding the fire.

Don't you just love snow days?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Address please, I coming over!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    It really is other crazy people on the road that scares me! I've driven in blizzards with front wheel drive cars and have got stuck or slide all over the place. But idiots with awd thinks since the car goes forward easily turning and stopping will be the same
    Money can't buy taste
    It really is other crazy people on the road that scares me! I've driven in blizzards with front wheel drive cars and have got stuck or slide all over the place. But idiots with awd thinks since the car goes forward easily turning and stopping will be the same
    I love it when they take a 4wd pickup and put real wide highway tires on it and try to drive on ice and snow..  Don't know how many of em I passed slid in the ditch in my old Monte that had 60's on the rear with a trunk full of tools.

Best snow/ice vehicle I've had is a 86 ram 50 4wd. Doesn't sit as high as the 88 Toyota 4wd but had to throw a sandbag in the bed of the toyota
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Last year in the 100+ inches we got I never once lost any real control all because of my blizzak ws-80 tires. Last year I had my 315hp rwd 2011 v6 mustang....

This year? 420hp rwd 2014 v8 mustang. Same tires, so far, pretty much the same performance. Tires make the biggest difference after caution.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is absolutely crazy.  Get some salt down!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I obviously wouldn't be laughing if I was in the midst of all that, but it has me laughing now.  Does that make me a sick person?  :)   None of us can say we've never done anything stupid, but what makes a person see a hill full of ice and smashed cars, and think they'll be the one to conquer it?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And THAT^ is why I keep my A** off the road!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That chipmunk voice made my day.

"Look at your car, is this your car? LOOK AT YOUR CAR!"
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    @Puff_Dougie what happened to your voice? Bad gurkha again
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha. That's not me. Saw this video on the interwebs.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Haha. That's not me. Saw this video on the interwebs.
    That was my laugh of the day! 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1:12 Mr. Four Wheel Drive Pickup thought he was pretty cool. If that jack ass would have hit me I would have stomped his dumb skull in. 
    edited January 2016
    Crazyness. . I'm about an hr from Charlotte NC. State crews really stepped up on the interstates, only 3 kinda nasty spots between Charlotte and Nebraska. 1 lane cleaned off between Kentucky and Nashville and like a 50 mile stretch Tennessee  north Carolina state line. Other then that roads clear and was pretty much able to run 75mph if traffic wasn't in the way