Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Looking for this cigar buy or trade

Comments

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think really hard about getting a cooler. Very easy, cheap and lots of storage!
    cooler is the way to go.  Heck of a lot cheaper than a humidor, a lot more space for storage and probably 100% better at holding humidity.
    I heard Brad's cooler is empty. Just saying.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975 said:
    I would think really hard about getting a cooler. Very easy, cheap and lots of storage!
    cooler is the way to go.  Heck of a lot cheaper than a humidor, a lot more space for storage and probably 100% better at holding humidity.
    I heard Brad's cooler is empty. Just saying.
    GTFO says the guy who got the golden ticket!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Cigar708388Cigar708388 Posts: 29
    50 or 60 cigars I have now but I figured a larger humidor for a electronic humidifier  (oasis ) also its a nice piece for.the house 
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the inside of a BBF looks like.

sorry. nice knowing you all .... bye 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    There are so many online but you can't tell.the quality of them. Most are probably **** and don't have a good seal and are just cheaply made
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 or 60 cigars I have now but I figured a larger humidor for a electronic humidifier  (oasis ) also its a nice piece for.the house 
    I hear ya on wanting something easy on the eye. Someone on her makes custom pieces. Right now just not practical for me. Plan to dig out the woodworking tools and cobble something together when and if I ever retire lol
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR, u need some of these. 
  • Options
    Do you know who it is?
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    There are so many online but you can't tell.the quality of them. Most are probably **** and don't have a good seal and are just cheaply made
    Look around online for specific name brands to look for. I don't know what they are, I am not going to lie. I'm a cooler guy who also owns three humidors and every winter I think about ditching them altogether.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Definitely better to buy a humi in person, IMO. Most good B&Ms carry a range of them in various price ranges and you can check them out before you  pull the trigger. If you want something to store your sticks and also display, a quality humidor is best, but if you just want a container to keep them in at optimal humidification, the cooler is better and more economical.

I personally have a humidor that I picked up on the cheap from a local beer distributor that decided not to sell cigars anymore. It was a promo model from Trinidad cigars and is a beautiful display humi. It's been adequate for me since I've never won the cigar lottery or gotten a golden ticket like @Glock1975 so I don't have a cooler, but the coolidor folk make a good case for using it if you plan to build a large inventory of cigars.

P.S. Glad we all got past the rocky start and hope you'll stick around and become part of this crazy family. :)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    I was online for 2 hours looking but as for named brand im.not familiar with any except for the one I have .
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know who it is?
    Sorry not right off hand. He made one out of an old ammo box awhile back that looked awsome. Well if your into guns and such it's awsome. Maybe someone will chime in. I do believe he mentioned he has customers so I assume he sells
  • Options
    Ill.have to keep looking 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Do you know who it is?
    Sorry not right off hand. He made one out of an old ammo box awhile back that looked awsome. Well if your into guns and such it's awsome. Maybe someone will chime in. I do believe he mentioned he has customers so I assume he sells
    That's the guy from ammodors.com. 
  • Options
    Ill.have to keep looking 

The main thing to look for is quality construction and a good, tight seal. There are lots of pretty looking glass top models, but sometimes that can compromise the seal and cause problems. Most come with a humidification system but they're usually not that great so you might want to get a quality hygrometer separately.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Guy had a 100 count Cohiba humidor for 165 buy I'm not sure it's big enough to.hold an oasis inside. Im. Not even sure that's a good box and price
  • Options
    I don't know too many people who know humidors the guy I bought mine from doesn't sell them anymore but I can probably pick his brain.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Savoy is the brand humidor you want.  Trust me.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Here are a few pics of mine...

imageimageimage
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 count is way to small for the oasis.  I second the Savoy.  the one that I have holds solid, looks amazing, and has never given me problems.  As stated above, however coolers are cheaper and easier to maintain, ie you don't have season them every year.  Sorry if you already know this, but humidor capacity is listed using a corona size, so keep in mind 100 count is more like 75.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    An oasis is designed for big storage. A 100ct or even 200 is too small for what they put out. I've heard the treasure dome is a solid humidor.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please go change your screen name 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Please go change your screen name 
    Best way to do this is to post a request over in the questions section and ask a Moderator for help.

Oh and chalk another vote for the cooler. I just ditched my last wood desktop humi.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    i tried changing my name it wont let me . how do i get in touch with the moderator??
  • Options
    @krebsie can you help here please?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either ask a mod to help or just start a new online account here at CCOM with a new name. then come back all
    new and improved like. Lol. 

If you are on Facebook check out GW Humidors. He makes some sick stuff. Not sure of pricing but if you are looking for show it is some of the coolest I have seen. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Tried to get In touch with him but his website is down sent him an email see what happens.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah welcome! Pop over to the Newbie welcoming thread and tell us a bit about yourself!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...