Home General Discussion
Options

No stems = no flavor? (Davidoff Gran Cru no.1 review)

2»

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danielzreyes don't leave, ya giant goober. Who the hell else is gonna use as many kick ass portmanteaus as you? Brozzito, biznacho, brojito. 

I am am sure your peanutbuthurt is all stage acting n poop. We're it up to me, you would get an Oscar nod. But dammit, this is Leo's year.

You know we manhugz you in spirit on this forum, oh purveyor of sock prawn, wielder of the exacto blade of justice, oh stogie stand sorcerer, extraordinaire.

To put it simply, If I don't get to read 'got any opus?' On every double post, this place will feel like a lesser home. 

Keep on being you, ya giant Kelner nerd!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I like my stemmy cigars ;p
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, one more thing before I leave the forum for good.  genareddog's addy pls. Thanks
    Ok for reals now. Good bye
    What! I'm leaving now
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Addy of @kswildcat I will pm you shortly.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep sending DZR yard gars and he'll have to stay and post his reviews.
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your no help. Your days are numbered. Still acquiring ammo but better start sleeping with 1 eye open.
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    Your no help. Your days are numbered. Still acquiring ammo but better start sleeping with 1 eye open.
    Don't think so.  Just helping spread out the delicious nachos.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    jarubla said:
    @danielzreyes don't leave, ya giant goober. Who the hell else is gonna use as many kick ass portmanteaus as you? Brozzito, biznacho, brojito. 

I am am sure your peanutbuthurt is all stage acting n poop. We're it up to me, you would get an Oscar nod. But dammit, this is Leo's year.

You know we manhugz you in spirit on this forum, oh purveyor of sock prawn, wielder of the exacto blade of justice, oh stogie stand sorcerer, extraordinaire.

To put it simply, If I don't get to read 'got any opus?' On every double post, this place will feel like a lesser home. 

One LAST thing.  I appreciate this statement, @jarubla. Reading this made my day. I read it twice because it truly touched me. Thank you.
     I'm blessed to be part of this forum.  However I have probably offended too many with my shenanigans. 

Ok like super for reals now. I'm leaving. Good bye all.

dzr
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:

One LAST thing.  I appreciate this statement, @jarubla. Reading this made my day. I read it twice because it truly touched me. Thank you.
     I'm blessed to be part of this forum.  However I have probably offended TWO many with my shenanigans. 

Ok like super for reals now. I'm leaving. Good bye all.

dzr
    Fify
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $_3.JPG 29.2K
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I'm never sure how much of all this is BS, but I'll throw in  my .02.

First, if stems = flavor, it's news to me, except maybe dry, bitter flavor.  When I find a cigar I hate, I sometimes get the Swiss Army knife out, and usually find big chunky stems.

Second, maybe it's that I'm in a medical field, or maybe it's just the little kid in me, I look closely at DZR's work, because I'm curious and find it fascinating and I could not possibly bring myself to dissect a really good cigar, so I'm glad he does.  It's interesting how it comes together.

So, slice on X-acto Man!  You're a hero!  Thank you for your sacrifice.

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm never sure how much of all this is BS, but I'll throw in  my .02.

First, if stems = flavor, it's news to me, except maybe dry, bitter flavor.  When I find a cigar I hate, I sometimes get the Swiss Army knife out, and usually find big chunky stems.

Second, maybe it's that I'm in a medical field, or maybe it's just the little kid in me, I look closely at DZR's work, because I'm curious and find it fascinating and I could not possibly bring myself to dissect a really good cigar, so I'm glad he does.  It's interesting how it comes together.

So, slice on X-acto Man!  You're a hero!  Thank you for your sacrifice.

:)
    Don't think dzr will respond since he has left for good. No bs
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broxacto has left the building.....maybe, probably not...nobody can say for sure, 50-50 chance he'll leave, but just not quite yet. 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the Geico commercial with the two guys in the gym using the Bro terms.  Bro-tato chip, Bro-zone layer?  Always makes me remember our lost Brofessor @danielzreyes

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danielzreyes you have ugly socks and can't fish!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brutal.
    That's it! I'm so Done!
    and don't try to bring me back with bombs either ... ain't gonna work. 

#goodbye4lyfe

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, at least you have not broadcast that cigars make you poop. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Give him time^^
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brutal.
    That's it! I'm so Done!
    and don't try to bring me back with bombs either ... ain't gonna work. 

#goodbye4lyfe

You haven't left yet?  

Well you always did suck at smoking cigars.............
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    In my opinion you are an a$$. No honest botl would ever do that to a cigar let alone to a Davidoff. Your disrespect of the individual that sat at their table and rolled that cgar is inexcusable. Just my oinion. Don't expect everyone to agree with me. 
    Well, some folks are interested in the construction of such things, so no, he's not an a$$. Kind of not cool to go to the name calling.

Then you basically call anyone who would do such a thing "dishonest". Hmm.

As for disrespecting the person who rolled the cigar, mistakes are made or people get complacent.So if a person chooses to cut one open, they paid to choose what they want to do with it. 

Personally, I actually like seeing what cutting one open shows in its construction. 
    It either re-affirms what I think of a brand or shows me something new.

Just my opinion.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    A Tony Sighting!!! :)

What's up @0patience???
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Ahhhhh @0patience havent seen you in forever!  What is up?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Puff_Dougie  & @avengethis
    Some of the guys knew and I apologize for not letting others know, but I've been down and out fellas.
    I messed myself up pretty good in November and am just now getting full use of my left hand. 
    Funds being as they are, internet kind of took a back seat until we can get back up and running.
    I'll try and pop in as I can.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, brother! I was not on here for awhile due to work/life issues, but I missed the craziness so I had to pop back in. Glad to see you and I hope you get back up and running soon.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    @Puff_Dougie  & @avengethis
    Some of the guys knew and I apologize for not letting others know, but I've been down and out fellas.
    I messed myself up pretty good in November and am just now getting full use of my left hand. 
    Funds being as they are, internet kind of took a back seat until we can get back up and running.
    I'll try and pop in as I can.

I've been wondering where you were, hope you're doing better, and VERY glad to see you back here!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain