Home General Discussion
Options

I met Arturo Fuente jr

Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys I'm not on much anymore due to my work but my job did take me to Tampa where I met the man himself! So I found this little shop in ybor city.
I was a little taken back at she size of the business. I imagined a giant palace or warehouse in my head? 
Anyway I was talking to a guy at the counter looking at opus and anejo heaven when Arturo and a few others walked in. He introduced himself and welcomed me to his shop. After a few minutes of chatting I asked him " What's your go to smoke in here?" 
He said this (sorry **** pic) it's fantastic. I said it tastes like s Don Carlos? He said it's VERY close isn't it! At $4.25 a bargain 

Well I wish I would have got a photo of us but meeting Micky Mantle of cigars I was a little slow in that one.

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty cool!!  Good to see you again!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there! Awesome place! Didn't get to meet anybody though. I think his Grandaughter runs the place. Love Ybor City!
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool @Darktower007
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to spend an afternoon there last year, very cool place.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome. And he steered you toward a $4 stick? Very down to earth.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW! I'm jelly Jason-- glad to see you bro!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Met him at the store last year, a super nice guy and very down to earth. He gave us some good tips and recommendations that we followed.

Curious though, his dad, brother, sister and niece are always out there as the face of the family business, but you never see Arturo Jr., why is that?
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    That is Jake.  I will have to try his recommendation.  
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome. And he steered you toward a $4 stick? Very down to earth.
    I agree, that's freakin awesome. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and it's great to know your still kicking. Drop in once in a while.