Home General Discussion
Options

Not me to

johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
So when I first started following the posts on this forum i would laugh when everyone would say you'll outgrow your small humidor.just over a month after receiving a 30 count humidor for Christmas,I now wish it was a 100 count.so it seems my addictive personality takes over.I now think about cigars all day.ones I have smoked ones I want to try. I see you were all right. Long live the leaf 
Non Crux sed lux

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onset of Cigar Acquisition Syndrome, it happens to us all.  Well, here anyway. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAS is a terrible disease.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 'em all, tad, pad, sad, cad.... Too bad when I graduated from humidor(s) to a coolidor they were mostly filled with yard gars. You folk are such enablers. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got the fever.
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    I am in (CA) cbid anonymous...the addiction to buy is too strong...
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not underestimate the POWER of the LEAF 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puny Humans! I've been hangin' around here for 3 years and have never had to expand my storage capacity. Smoke more + Bomb more = No Coolidor. Bwahahahahhahhaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

(Sorry... got a little carried away there.)
    :D
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puny Humans! I've been hangin' around here for 3 years and have never had to expand my storage capacity. Smoke more + Bomb more = No Coolidor. Bwahahahahhahhaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

(Sorry... got a little carried away there.)
    :D
    It sounds like you need more cigars. Hmmm
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the group @johnnyB Same thing happened to me. Purchased 2 humidor samplers and next thing I know both are full. Went out and bought a fairly large chest cooler on the cheap to give me more room. So glad I did :) I'm using Humidity beads to keep the level at 67%. Now I have the room I need to pick up those sweet deals I see on-line :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's this much about it - CAS is a more preferred malady than CRS (can't remember sh t). At least with CAS you can remember where your stogies are.....  :#
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be the way with any "hobby".  My shooting friends always need to get a bigger safe, my fish tank friends always need a bigger tank and here it's humidors.  Mine doesn't even have dust on it yet and I'm thinking about a dorm fridge-sized humidor.  Don't tell the wife, she'll kill me for even thinking about it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    Seems to be the way with any "hobby".  My shooting friends always need to get a bigger safe, my fish tank friends always need a bigger tank and here it's humidors.  Mine doesn't even have dust on it yet and I'm thinking about a dorm fridge-sized humidor.  Don't tell the wife, she'll kill me for even thinking about it.
    Mine likes wine. I'm thinking of getting a dual zone wine fridge and half will store her wine and the other half will keep my cigars!
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    I'd just get a cooler for storage and smoke out of your table top.. with the money saved do something nice for the wife to butter her up to the idea..
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are ignoring my standard advice when joining here, get a bigger humidor and a second job!

I've said this before, cigars are not an addiction, they are a hobby, an addicting hobby...
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    You guys are ignoring my standard advice when joining here, get a bigger humidor and a second job!

I've said this before, cigars are not an addiction, they are a hobby, an addicting hobby...
    Words to live by! I teared up a little