Home Non Cigar Related

I highly dislike interviews

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I applied for an assistant manager position within my bank. I had my interview today and feel like I totally bombed it. I had the worst time trying to form a cohesive statement or thought the entire time. im sure I did fine... I just hate interviews..... especially since ive known the interviewers for several years now. *sigh* wish me luck.... hope I get it.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure you did fine. Good luck
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    I had interviews like that where I thought I did terrible. Then found out later the interviewer thought I nailed it, so you never know. Best of luck!!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll give you the job just because you wear a kilt.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg please don't tell u you divulged your obsession for ufos.

Sure you did great. So sure don't need to wish u luck but will anyways.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I worked at their branch this summer for 3.5 months.... they all know how weird I am. lol

Didn't get the promotion. FML.

What have I wasted 10 years here for? ****! I don't care if **** gets censored out. Im pissed. total BS.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks, smoke a good one anyway
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you probably don't want to hear this but everything happens for a reason. What that is who knows? Keep your head up and something will come up much better than this! 
    Tonight im getting drunk and watching anime.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always a good plan.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

This just in.....

I WAS GIVEN A COURTESY INTERVIEW!!!!! THEY PROMOTED FROM WITHIN AND HAD NO INTENTION ON PROMOTING ANYONE ELSE!

that is all.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't deserve you fella...keep plugin along something will come up!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

This just in.....

I WAS GIVEN A COURTESY INTERVIEW!!!!! THEY PROMOTED FROM WITHIN AND HAD NO INTENTION ON PROMOTING ANYONE ELSE!

that is all.

Ah, the appearance of a fair process, to those not in the know. 

Rage here.    :(

When there you need to keep your head up, smile, and prove that they should have given it to you. 

I'm probably saying this wrong, but Non carborundum illigitimi, which, if I said it correctly, means; don't let the bahstids burn you.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

This just in.....

that is all.

Hate to tell you this, but this is absolutely the norm with most corporations  for just about anything other than entry-level jobs. Managers promote or hire the people they know or those who come in through recommendations from others. If you get the interview any way other than being asked by the boss, it's almost always certain that you'll be nothing more than the courtesy victim. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

This just in.....

that is all.

Ah, the appearance of a fair process, to those not in the know. 

Rage here.    :(

When there you need to keep your head up, smile, and prove that they should have given it to you. 

I'm probably saying this wrong, but Non carborundum illigitimi, which, if I said it correctly, means; don't let the bahstids burn you.

I love that phrase. It is pseudo-Latin (meaning it is a modern 'made up' Latin phrase), but the sentiment is absolutely bloody brilliant:

"Don't let the bastards grind you down"

Amos has the right of it. Keep kicking as.s, keep your head up, keep your butt down, keep on smiling and prove they should have given it to you.

Good things are coming, Chris.

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be worse... I wet from number 1 on the written portion of our sgt's test to 19 after the interviews.... smh
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Ill keep doing my job to the same quality as I did before. Smile on my face and a fake show. im sure ill get over it in a few days.... but as of right now im still pissed. LOL spent last night thinking of a new career to get into.... but all the ones I want require a college edjucayshun. lol I don't have time or money for that.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill keep doing my job to the same quality as I did before. Smile on my face and a fake show. im sure ill get over it in a few days.... but as of right now im still pissed. LOL spent last night thinking of a new career to get into.... but all the ones I want require a college edjucayshun. lol I don't have time or money for that.

Check out peters post on dealing with stress. It might help.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.