Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Arthritis Walk Contest

TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, 

So I am doing the walk for arthritis again with work.  It worked out great last year, and hope to keep this going.  This year I will do the prizes a bit differently.

Prizes:  For every $10 that is donated you get a raffle ticket.  The raffles will be drawn twice per month...starting March 4th, and the last drawing will be at the end of May for the Grand Prize.  Once you have donated, your ticket stays in the raffle, unless it wins a prize for you.  I have no yet figured out the grand prize, but i will come up with something good.  The monthly prizes will most likely be 5-10 cigars. 

Below is a link to the page that you can donate to my team through me. Your donations are tax deductible. If you wanted to send the money to me directly, please PM and i will give you my paypal. 

For every $10 donated your will get a ticket. For every $50--7 tickets, for every $100--15 tickets.

Website: http://www.walktocurearthritis.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1145413&lis=1&kntae1145413=B323C7B2E3964199B8C014C8CA4D1AC4&supId=433357509

I will try to have all the prizes listed here before march.  Please PM with any questions.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get the walk for arthritis idea. Wouldn't a nice hot tubby with epsom salts make more sense? How about a hot tub for arthritis? Line up some buxom gals and we'll all throw in ten bucks for a soak. Maybe a little acupuncture later, some capsacin, chondroitin...

I just don't get the walk part.

Bearswatter has the arthritis. Me, I just have stiff old joints.

Okay, kicked your pledge off there at your site

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Thanks...appreciate it.  Exercise, burn a cigar while doing it...although that may be frowned upon at our zoo...hmm...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get on board!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    done
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done. Looks like your going to reach your goal in no time :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  Keep it going.  I will have the prizes listed this weekend probably.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trident

Don't know how I missed this but I will get a sampler up for auction for the cause today. 
  • Options
    So tomorrow is the first raffle prize.  There is still time to get in on the raffle.  Sorry i have not posted the prizes, but believe me, you won't be disappointed.  So if you'd like to get in on this, either go through the site, or PP me.  PM me if you have questions
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in, pending PayPal ID. I could use a cure myself. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PM replied
  • Options
    Thanks, sitting out here in the back puffing on my pipe is making my back hurt from the Arthritis. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent to your Paypal. I think that was yours...
  • Options
    Thanks charlie, i did get it
  • Options
    the winner will be drawn tonight, so there is still time to get in on the first raffle.
  • Options
    Sorry for the Delay everyone, i got called into work this weekend.  The winner of the first Raffle is @webmost .  Please PM me your addy and i will have your package out tomorrow.  

As I mentioned, your tickets will stay in the raffle drawings until the last prize.  More chances for everyone!

Thanks again for the help

• Options
    Congrats @webmost!  Sorry to hear that you (@Trident) got called in, I know how it is, I worked all weekend from home. 

• Options
    This forum is weird. I know for a fact I posted here this morning... now it's gone. What happens to these disappearing posts?

All's I said was Holy Moly I forgot all about this contest, and wondered whether Trident made his goal. 

Yakster, what do you work at from home, out there in Kali? I work about 24/7... got a job in the real world then work at home every evening, each morning, and all weekend. Takes two jobs to get by these days, and Bearswatter doesn't work, so... gotta do what you gotta do.

Sent you a PM Trident... did that post stick? Not sure how to find it from this end.

Spring sprang today. Last couple months, everyone at the office, yoga, gym, etc., thought I was purty dumb riding my murdersickle in the cold. This afternoon, I looked like a genius. Came home, Bearswatter and I just had to set out on the porch it was so nice. Pup played in the yard. I burnt a King is Dead. Now back inside to work. Lookin forward to sliding the windows open in the evening. Air out the house.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    @ webmost.  Goal has not yet been met, but there is still plenty of time for people to donate.  I'm hoping to get a few minutes to pull out some good prizes for people, so they see what they have a chance of winning.  
  • Options
    Summa you need to get in on this. The entry fee is trivial, the odds are good, and the prizes are terrific

• Options
    There is still time to get in before this weeks raffle.  Will be drawn friday night, and shipped on saturday morning.  
  • Options
    Hey everyone,  Another raffle will happen tomorrow evening.  You still have time to get in on the raffles.
  • Options
    bump?  Drawing is tonight
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White