Home Non Cigar Related
Options

So done with winter

johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
I long for some warm weather. Have been getting very close to my shed,space heater & beenie over the past few months. Sure it's warmer in there than outside but come on spring i need you. It's the same thing every winter,wondering why I live somewhere with this dirty winter season.

Non Crux sed lux

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you, brother.  But I was just telling myself this morning, "It's not November.  And it's not December."  March and April are just around the corner!

I'm glad I can smoke inside, but like most of us northerners, will be SOOOO happy when I can get lit outside under a tree and the big blue sky!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's  a winter? 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We didn't get enough to complain about. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me 3 days to get from KS to WA.. should a only took 2... snow everywhere
  • Options
    ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I have lived where there is no winter, both in California and Florida, it drove me nuts not to have seasons. Sometimes it gets a little long but i will gladly suffer winter just to see the spring and fall seasons. 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChazMN said:
    I have lived where there is no winter, both in California and Florida, it drove me nuts not to have seasons. Sometimes it gets a little long but i will gladly suffer winter just to see the spring and fall seasons. 
    I'm with you. I have been in New Orleans for 20 years and while it's a fun city, I miss 4 seasons. In a few more years I will remedy this.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's  a winter? 
    Can be an Ale but preferably a Stout, Imperial Stout or Porter.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I, being a begrudging participant is this thing called winter, like to look at it on the bright side. As long as you can keep your humidor in order, you get an extra 3 months age on everything before it's warm enough to go outside and smoke one. Also, feck winter. Also, also, renting sucks. Also, also, also, I'm house shopping and you better believe the house I wind up with will have an appropriate winter smoking situation.  
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That why I love living in North Carolina after living my whole life in NY.  We get the change of seasons, but don't get really bashed in the winter.

Plus the people here are fantastic!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    That why I love living in North Carolina after living my whole life in NY.  We get the change of seasons, but don't get really bashed in the winter.

This is true. Great place to live. Western NC in the mountains. Best motorcycle roads around.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep telling my friends we need to take some time off and take our bikes there. Some awesome scenery on the interstate, I can only imagine knees in the wind on the back roads 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    YankeeMan said:

This is true. Great place to live. Western NC in the mountains. Best motorcycle roads around.
    Tail of the dragon.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    freezing rain, sleet, and heavy wet snow here, gonna be a crusty skating rink tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The little town in the NC mountains i live near sits astride the Eastern Continental Divide at about 3800 ft. Supposed to start snowing Monday and continue into Wed. The weather report is calling for douple digits of snow,wind drifts, and temps in the single digits. I'm making up our garden seed order and burning firewood in two stoves. Getting tired of scraping the windshield and wearing long johns. We are looking forward to the beauty of spring in the mountains.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    YankeeMan said:

You're so right!  We live in the eastern part of the state, but when we first got here, we rented a cabin in Hendersonville.  What beautiful roads and scenery in that part of the state.  It made me miss my motorcycle.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, here comes another one:
    http://www.goes.noaa.gov/ECIR4.html

I'm looking through the seed catalogs for therapy.