Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Fish tanks

Any one else a fan of fish keeping? I'm neck deep after a friend gave me their 40 gal cichlid tank then I got a 75 gal tank which I have a 170gal tank to replace it coming this weekend.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah... we spend all our discretionary income on cigars.  You, of all people, should know that.  :wink: 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 65 gallon tank with cichlids but gave the tank away a few years ago
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only you had a hot tub you weren't using.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Funny enough I do have a hot tub I'm not using but that because I seal it up for the winter. It's too weak for the winters around here.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to have a nice aquarium in my office. Loved watching the fish and listening to the water. Hated the maintenance. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

I had tanks when I was younger, no surprise my 13 year old likes them too.  Here is one of his tanks, the largest, at 29 gallons. 

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the mid-sixties I worked for Boeing near Seattle. They had an unwritten policy whereby they'd hire pipe smokers but wouldn't consider them for management positions. Their thinking was that pipe smokers are too lethargic - certainly not dynamic enough to be in management. 

I wonder how they'd react to someone with an aquarium in their office....  Hmmmm??   B)
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    What kind of Cichlids?  African? South American? I have had up to a 120 and 2 - 55's going with Africans before but gave that up and just have my 1 55 now after a disastrous move about 8yrrs ago.  Killed off all of my African Peacock show males.  It was hear breaking to say the least. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Back in the mid-sixties I worked for Boeing near Seattle. They had an unwritten policy whereby they'd hire pipe smokers but wouldn't consider them for management positions. Their thinking was that pipe smokers are too lethargic - certainly not dynamic enough to be in management. 

I wonder how they'd react to someone with an aquarium in their office....  Hmmmm??   B)

Haha! Maybe that's why my productivity has increased. Seriously, though... when I had an aquarium in my office, it was a pastor's study... and everyone knows that pastors only work a couple of hours per week. ;)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    post some pics of your set up 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use to run two 55's and a few 29'S had several breeding pares of pleco's. Love bubbles 
    Non Crux sed lux