Home Non Cigar Related

So I have just learned that kidney stones are worse than death by fire.

prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
Anyone ever have these bast**rds?  I am at work Thurdsay morning like any other day, the next thing I know I am experiencing pain that I cannot describe.  Thought I was going to puke.  Managed to get home only to writhe in pain for 2-3 hours.

I was considering a 911 call, but managed to ease the pain with painkillers. Wanted to die.

WTF????

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, you have my utmost sympathy!
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man's version of giving birth.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst pain I've ever endured.

My dad has a friend who kept getting them, and his doc told him to drink more beer and less soda. Said there was some chemical in beer that broke down the mineral deposits in the kidneys.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diet soda is one of the leading contributers to stones. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a couple back in 07 and they were miserable. My urologist said I was one of the youngest patients he's ever had that had kidney stones. I was 20 at the time. Peeing blood and throwing up from the pain, I would never wish that on anyone. I've been good since then. Hope yours get cleared up and you don't have anymore. 
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Worst pain I've ever endured.

My dad has a friend who kept getting them, and his doc told him to drink more beer and less soda. Said there was some chemical in beer that broke down the mineral deposits in the kidneys.
    Man, if this were the case, I would be 100% immune by now.  I almost never drink soda and to say I was lacking in the beer drinking department would be met with much laughter around here :)
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    I had a couple back in 07 and they were miserable. My urologist said I was one of the youngest patients he's ever had that had kidney stones. I was 20 at the time. Peeing blood and throwing up from the pain, I would never wish that on anyone. I've been good since then. Hope yours get cleared up and you don't have anymore. 
    Well I am actually relieved to hear you were in your 20's.  I figured this was another reminder that I am getting old as f*ck.  expected gout and rheumatoid arthritis to be next.  

I am now living in hourly fear waiting for the pain to return.  First 48 hours were hell, now getting better.  

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 21. Haven't had a recurrence in 46 years, so it's not a life sentence for some.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Bad kidneys seem to run in the family as both my sister and I fight kidney problems. First time it hit me I was 19 and 1 second I was fine the next I was in intense pain like my lower back was gone. If I even so much as feel a twitch I load up on water and cranberry juice. I've passed a stone and it felt like I was pissing a sandbur. 

My sister has had 3 kids natural and swears she would rather give birth then fight a kidney infection and pass a stone
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been 15 years since mine. Felt like someone was slowly pushing a red hot poker through my lower abdomen for hours.

I passed three that time, one big, two smaller. None since, thank God
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 3 in the morning, I had my wife call 911. I honestly thought I was going to die.  I didn't know what was happening until paramedics told me.

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have heard the pain described as, close as a man  will ever feel to a labor pain.

I had one wake me up at 5 in the morning a few years back. My wife was out of town and drove myself to the ER. I feel for you brother.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.