Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Test

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
Testing the upload of some pictures from my phone
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Hmm, I tried to upload three pics--the other two were photos from my phone, that one which uploaded was not my photo, but a file download. 

Hmmmmm. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Watching p**n on your phone and getting a bug again? Lol
  • Options
    Ok, this one I sent through email, then downloaded it to my phone

Success!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hey @krebsie any known issues for iPhone users using safari trying to upload pictures taken with their phones?

This has got me scratching my head.

The phone saves pictures taken with the phone in .jpg, and the two pictures I was able to upload are not taken from my phone, but .jpg downloads. 

I have done done a third test and can email the picture to myself, then save it, and the upload to the forum post will work.

Weird
  • Options
    Testing today, three pics, three diff sources
  • Options
    Success
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to figure out why all of my pictures flip onto the long edge

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Angle and rotation of your phone when taking pictures?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

iPhone thing. Editing can help, Using the Image Size app reduces the resolution to make uploading fster, other's viewing faster, and ensures that the photos are not rotated so that's what I do with all my photos. I use the 1000 pixel limit when I resize.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Turn off your Snapchat filter, no one wants to see hearts and puppy dog ears on your smokes. 😂

• Options

Not for cigars

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Not for cigars

Milk stash?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Lit Photo app for Android works great for resizing photos, btw.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

User Error

• Options

🤡 ↑

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yakster apparently uses Lil Photo. I use an app simply called Photo Editor. I'm sure there are a jillion others. The key idea is this: Bigger numbers sell more. That's why cell phones are sold by bragging how many too many megapixels the camera captures. And therefore, the average cell phone pic is apt to be too large for the average use of a cell phone pic, which is posting on social media. If you intend to print a poster, you need to break out the megabucks Nikon. If you intend to post a pic of your gar on cigar.com, you need to break out the pic app.

PhotoShop is too complex and counter-intuitive for me. I like the GIMP. But with an android app like Photo Editor, I don't need to fiddle even with that. I can take the pic from within the app itself, crop it, spin it, size it, etc., then save just what I need.

BTW -- How many too many megapixels is not even related to pic quality. Your Nikon DX or FX DSLR is going to set you back a decent used car before you even outfit it with lenses. These attempt to give you a sensor for each color for each pixel. You phone camera, OTOH, just takes a few sensor and multiplies the results. Like take this sensor's pixel, surround it with other pixels of the same color, surround that glob with other pixels interpolated to land in between what this sensor says and what the adjacent ones say, and now you can call it multi too many megabytes and sell that bigger number to a bigger sucker. Look at the size of the camera body and lens. That's the deal. Be much more useful if they advertised how many sensors instead of how many pixels. But they don't.

Not that I am any kind of photo geek. But I researched all this long ago when buying the RedHead a Nikon megabuck camera.

Nor am .An iHead in any sense of the word. iCan't see why iWould. But iAm sure they have an iApp for that.

Bottom line: use an app, flip it the way you want, size it to fit a web page, THEN upload it... easy.

Yer not likely lookin for a super pic... just a cute one.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Very insightful @webmost, thank you.

Continuing to play with settings...

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Lol that didn't work. Looking to post a pic without needing to rotate my phone or edit anything, best case scenario. Yes, I'm being obstinate, but so what? Lol...

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Who gave my pooch a wtf? Meanie!

Don't look ↑
  • Options