Home General Discussion
Options

Habitat for Humanity

WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
A while ago my family was selected for a habitat home. Today we got to see two houses. One that has been earmarked for us, and a much much larger one that they might be able to get us into. For all you praying folks out there, we are agreeing for Lot #10.
"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Comments

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In route
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet deal man 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot #10 it shall be!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    #10 is a good number! feels lucky! you got 10ct , box of 10, 10 ct samplers, sound ball'n good for you
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Habitat for Humanity is a great cause.
    We donate to them a lot and I know quite a few people who have been recipients of their homes. It is one of the few charities that I regularly support.
    Their Habitat for Humanity Restores are great places to find great deals on building materials.

Here is hoping the best for you.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck, Wylaff and family!
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck  :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the sink, shower head and commode for my studio at the Habitat Restore.
    Wylaff, hope you and yours get the house you want.
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Wayne! Hopefully you get lot 10!
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Wayne, prayers sent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck. Our company helped build 3 homes and revitalize a park a couple of years ago. It was a great experience helping out. I sincerely hope you get the house!!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck buddy!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get it son!!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you and your family @Wylaff ; I will keep my fingers crossed that you get the larger one. 

And that sounds like excellent news having the other home already earmarked for you.

0patience said:

Their Habitat for Humanity Restores are great places to find great deals on building materials.
    Definitely agree with you on that Tony.  The Restores are a wonderful community resource and are a great place to donate unused building materials.  Much better than throwing those unused items in the trash.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it works out the way you want.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in the wonderful (sic) state of N.J. and in the local paper the other day had an article about a trailer loaded with tools out front on 2 houses that were almost complete. Of course some ass wipe  broke in the trailer and stole every tool that was in it. $4000.00 worth of tools. What's wrong with people?
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    We've had that happen out here a few times. D*ck move for sure.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sweat equity is a great idea.
    A friend who lives in Utah got one 15 yrs ago.
     she raised all her kids in it now they are grown and gone and she's looking to sell it to another family that needs it.
     it was a good thing for them.

Good luck bro.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    We're happy there. It's a bit on the small side, but it's in a good neighborhood, it's a great price, and it's better than any apartment.