Home Non Cigar Related
Options

hats in the ring

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made me laugh.

I think Charles Krauthammer got it right the other day, Trump and Sanders are both selling magic.  Sanders will make it all better with the magic of other peoples money, Trump will solve all our problems by the magic of being Trump.

I'm left with the feeling that Kasich and Bush are the only adults in the game, and they don't have the right hair, or the "tough guy talking tough about getting tough" that it takes to get elected.

sigh....... :/
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel for our troops if Trump gets in. Guy seems to think everything he touches turns to gold. I can see that ego maniac trying to run the show instead of giving the generals and admirals an objective and let them work out a strategy that WILL WORK. We have had plenty enuff presidents sitting in the white house playing Xbox war games with our troops lives. Only person I've heard mentioning bringing in the heads of the military to plan the strategy is Carson but he has a snowballs chance in hell
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    I feel for our troops if Trump gets in. Guy seems to think everything he touches turns to gold. I can see that ego maniac trying to run the show instead of giving the generals and admirals an objective and let them work out a strategy that WILL WORK. We have had plenty enuff presidents sitting in the white house playing Xbox war games with our troops lives. Only person I've heard mentioning bringing in the heads of the military to plan the strategy is Carson but he has a snowballs chance in hell
    You're definitely on to something.  Don't any of these guys read the Art of War?  You want to use the Army?  Let the Generals do what's needed!  You'd think we'd never been to Vietnam. 

Hey!  Gummint guys:

YOU CAN'T RUN A WAR FROM WASHINGTON LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO SATISFY SOME VOTING BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's ugly, nasty, and in every way politically incorrect, and you should never get into it unless you plan to win by every means available and necessary regardless of what your genteel supporters think about it. 

Just my opinion.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Want to send or boys to war? Give them the objective, tools they need to reach the objective and keep the troop hating media and ignorant politicians  away and they WILL WIN causing the least amount innocent casualties and far less will come home injured or in a box. 

Our troops are the best.  These political wars (republicans just as guilty) we have fought do nothing but handcuff the greatest fighting force this world has and ever will see.