Home General Discussion
Options

My Father

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been waiting and watching for a deal on the Flor de Las Antillas to come along and need to act. My question is I have been smoking the robusto and absolutely love it. Is there much of a difference in taste in the robusto and the belicosa? Not much difference in price and if a deal comes across on the belicosa I would like to act on it as long as I wont be disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both sizes.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never smoked the Beli I think I have one buried somewhere, but I can't remember every smoking any My Fathers that I thought was bad. Always enjoyable no matter what brand of their cigars. IMO.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my recollection, they are similar enough to not matter, but I will light up a belicoso later this afternoon to do some research for you.  Off the cuff, I'd say go for it... you may just like them more than the robustos.

I'm guessing Larry's bidding on the devil site.  :-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    @peter4jc, no devil site, just smoked my last one of these and been looking to replace them. C.com has always worked with me on price. I am pretty loyal to people who treat me good and they have. Saying that, I have to get hold of you in a couple weeks for another order. Just about out!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that case, if it were me, I'd be looking at smoking time... it's not every time I sit down to smoke that I want a cigar that size.  And lately, when I do have the time, I'm reaching for two robustos or coronas, just to have some variety. 

When will you have to place the order?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Order for the cigars whenever I find a deal but for you probably about 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how you can go wrong.  I usually avoid anything "gordo", but I love the Flor de las Antilles Toro Gordo.  Do it, doit!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain