Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Lego fans? (also, Legos F/S)

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Non Cigar Related
I had a TON of Legos growing up; they were without a doubt my favorite childhood toy. 
Had probably a couple hundred sets, anything from little cars with only 30 pieces, to monstrous 1000+ piece star wars sets. 
Had a couple bins of miscellaneous bulk pieces as well for making my own creations, always fun (except if you stepped on them!! lol) 

The train sets were some of my favorites when I was younger.....

But, being a big Star Wars fan, the giant, intricate UCS Star Wars sets that were released in the early 2000s were absolutely stunning.  I had to get a few of those "collectors items" even though I wasn't really "playing" with legos anymore at that point.  Looking back I wish I'd have been able to get the complete collection but man those sets were pricey $$!!!

Did any of you guys have legos back in the day? 
Or are your kids into legos now?  (BTW I don't think the new sets are nearly as cool as they were when I was young, but maybe I'm just old and grouchy now lol)

(Lastly, just wanted to throw it out to you guys --- that I'm looking to clear out some space and get rid of some of my old sets.  If you're interested you can check out some pics of my collection here: http://imgur.com/a/1DTPi and here: http://imgur.com/a/8E6Uy)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kids absolutely love legos. They play with them for about 6 hours a day. How much are you looking for?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't aware they made lego's back then. Sure they aren't Lincoln logs? Lol

Hot wheels kid here. Wish I still had them all I could prolly retire.
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    My kids absolutely love legos. They play with them for about 6 hours a day. How much are you looking for?
    hey @Wylaff ; i got a ton of sets brother. 
    i'll shoot you a message with little more info. 

• Options
    kswildcat said:
    Wasn't aware they made lego's back then. Sure they aren't Lincoln logs? Lol

Hot wheels kid here. Wish I still had them all I could prolly retire.
    lmao @ "lincoln logs", mr. funny guy. 

i had a few hot wheels & matchboxes, but never got into them that big.
    but yeah it seems like certain "nostalgic toys" are fetching high $ right now.  i could probably retire on the few hot wheels i did have, can't imagine how much a big collection would be worth.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Lincoln Logs...  Legos were not invented yet.  Tinker Toys, and Erector Sets were fun too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erector Sets were big in my day! With motors and stuff! I think my kids were Lego fans though. I think I remember a Star Wars set, but can't be sure.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    I had Lincoln Logs...  Legos were not invented yet.  Tinker Toys, and Erector Sets were fun too.
    ooo man, i remember playing with erector sets and tinker toys at family holidays when i was real young. 
    my cousin had some of each and would always bring them to family holidays; those toys were always a blast! 

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had way too many legos as a kid.  I wish I still had them for my kids.  That ish is expensive now a days to buy.  They do have a ton and I might need to steal a few of these from you.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    I had way too many legos as a kid.  I wish I still had them for my kids.  That ish is expensive now a days to buy.  They do have a ton and I might need to steal a few of these from you.
    @avengethis ; Brad, are you sure you meant "too many" legos, or did you mean "not enough"?   LOL

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Had Legos and Lincoln Logs as a kid. They was cheap in those days. Then I had two boys and bought the hi-faluntin' expensive sets. Now the kids are grown up and I got a huge crate of about 2,000 Lego pieces I gotta Craigslist out of here as well. 
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge lego and hot wherls fan here! Passed it down to my kids and they love them too. I was big into the pirates and knights sets from the 90s.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chemistry sets, microscopes, and old radios/tvs/short wave receivers here.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved Legos when I was a kid. I had the space legos which were cool, but nowhere near as cool as the Star Wars legos. They didn't exist when I was a kid. I believe it was just city, castle, and space sets back then. 
    Also had Lincoln Logs and Tinker toys.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me more about these erection toys
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    We go to Lego Land often too

@danielzreyes ; bro,

and nice creations there LEGbrOland

you ever make a lego humi?
    (i've thought about it but couldn't figure how to make a good enough seal)

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved Legos growing up. Had a couple big sets and tons of just loose ones. I would love to buy some of the Star Wars sets but dam those things are pricey these days!!