Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My mistake...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
...leaving the garage door open while we were at church this morning. Apparently, some deadbeat mistook the open door for an open invitation to help themselves to my lawnmower. People suck.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe dude really needed a lawn mower, and you were the answer to his prayers  ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F'ing people.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, that was a joke. Unfortunately there is no sarcasm font yet.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the violation of trust that hurts. 
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    I agree, that was a joke. Unfortunately there is no sarcasm font yet.

It's all good, Wayne. I knew you were joking. Didn't mean to be snippy.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about that. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanders voter no doubt
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Sanders voter no doubt

Ha. Yeah... I guess I "owed" it to them. :/
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bad part is a new mower represents a box of your favorite sticks.

You're welcome for the encouragement.

Somehow, it'll work together for good...  just watch.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    I'm sure it will all work out. I'm really not sure how many seasons that mower had left in it anyway. It's really not the value that bugged me about the whole situation. Just the idea that someone would have the cajones to walk into someone else's garage and just take something. I know it happens all the time, and there are folks who have been robbed of far more valuable possessions, but there really is a sense of feeling violated when someone trespasses on your property and walks off with your stuff. Not to mention that it has created the worry for my wife that next time they might decide to try to break into the house.

At the end of the day, we trust in the Lord. He has always provided for us and He always will. :)
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP8y63Ms4o

Just a little comic relief about leaving your garage open and unlocked.
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that sucks,sorry to hear that.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will all work out. I'm really not sure how many seasons that mower had left in it anyway. It's really not the value that bugged me about the whole situation. Just the idea that someone would have the cajones to walk into someone else's garage and just take something. I know it happens all the time, and there are folks who have been robbed of far more valuable possessions, but there really is a sense of feeling violated when someone trespasses on your property and walks off with your stuff. Not to mention that it has created the worry for my wife that next time they might decide to try to break into the house.

At the end of the day, we trust in the Lord. He has always provided for us and He always will. :)
    Wouldn't matter if it was shot. It's the principal, can't stand a thief. Hope I'm wrong but think things are going to get much worse before they get better., hopefully you have no other problems.

Couple months ago I was digging around the truck for my snap-on multimeter to find it gone. Told the company owner if I found out the shop guys or another driver took it I was going to break their damn hands. Some the places I go can get kinda spooky. Thought bad times were going to go down  a few times.

Personally I think we should go back to cutting off thief's fingers, public stoning and hangings. Rapists and such just take them out to the swamp and nail their tool to a stump and leave. I'm thinking that may curve illegal activities a bit.   :)
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate thieves.  Hope they don't return.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, look at the bright side: Coulda walked thru the garage into the house where the dog coulda bit him and you'd get sued. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)