Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

I'm Smoking Your Cigars/4th Year Contest

2»

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Little bump in case anyone missed this the other day. Hoping for decent weather on Tuesday to kick this off. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz said:
    Little bump in case anyone missed this the other day. Hoping for decent weather on Tuesday to kick this off. 

Smoke one from Chuck...I double dog dare ya.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My picks for today

Shimbo 
    Stubby 
    RoRo
    Sam sauce 
    Ray Ray all day

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    SleevePlz said:

Smoke one from Chuck...I double dog dare ya.
    I only have one cigar left from him and it's an Anejo Shark. Definitely wouldn't mind torching that bad boy up. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick (RCY)
    Roman (Trident)
    Royln (smoke_em_if_you_got_em)

3/25
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    So it's supposed to be mid-50's here tomorrow, so I might kick this little endeavor off a couple days early. I need to take advantage of the weather while I can. So I'll close the entries when I light up tomorrow (assuming I do, anyways). 
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's picks

Teach
    Rain 
    Seegarman
    Darth_Vader 
    TJ3K 

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelly 
    drew
    shizz
    5-1

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Couple things. I'm going to ignore the order of your picks. So if any of your three picks match the three specific sticks, it will count. Also, this is officially started. I went with the cigar I've had the longest. Seemed to make sense. So No. 1 is an old a$$ LAdC churchill sent to me from @bandyt09 back in 2012.

Thanks again Todd!
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh damn. If you got that from him in 2012 that thing has got some serious age on it... 
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    Oh damn. If you got that from him in 2012 that thing has got some serious age on it... 

Yeah, this was the original blend before Pepin reblended it back in 2009. It was pretty delicious!
  • Options
    So a slow start due to the weather, but starting on Monday it looks like 50+ degree days going forward. I did, however, manage to get in number 2 this afternoon. A Quintero from @Vision that he sent over 3 years ago after my first Stafford Challenge. Thanks again Peter!

• Options
    I'd love to see how you organize your humis.

Also, will you do my taxes?
    Lol, in the winter, everything goes in the coolidor. Way too dry to fight with a wood humidor. Boxes on the bottom, zip lock and five finger bags on top. 

Send me your W2's, 1098's, etc and I'll see what I can do ;)
  • Options
    Alright, warmer temps lined up, time to make some progress. No. 3 is from @ddubridge. Drewski sent me a lancero bomb just over three years ago and I'm still working on smoking through them. Thought this one could use some rest to help mellow it out and I think it helped. Thanks bro!

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where hell is that boy??
  • Options
    Nice and warm today, so as a wise poet once said, "double up, ugh, ugh"

First was a gift from @Patrickbrick at the Chicago herf a couple months ago. Really appreciate getting to check out this cigar. Thanks man!

Followed that up with a nicely aged Shorty from the Dusty Old Fart himself, @pelirrojo. Thanks again bro. Even caught up on Gotham!

• Options
    No. 6 & 7 today. First, a CAO Vision that came to me from the Dwindling Pass I did a couple years back from @Glock1975.

Followed up by a Blind Man's Bluff sent by @rsherman24 a couple months ago. 

Thanks guys, enjoyed them both!
  • Options
    8 and 9 from yesterday and today from two great brothers. First, an old Camacho Havana from @kaspera79, then some TN goodness from CH and @Usaf06. Both were really good smokes. Thanks guys.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was great to meet you, hope you enjoyed it.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor guy hasn't smoked for 10 days....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teach? Is everything alright?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    I believe his contests are much too hard to follow!!
  • Options
    Bump for Teach
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have his digits to check in on him
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried FB but no luck there.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Texted him. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    He's been busy but says hi to everyone.