Home General Discussion
Options

Friendly Warning

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
So last week I posted about advice for Make Me An Offer deals and what I should offer. @kswildcat was kind enough to point me towards another site and after winning a bid on my first try I felt kinda bad ass about it, who doesn't like getting a 5 pack of cigars they like at under half the normal sales cost with shipping added? This was my first mistake. My second mistake was bidding on more items after watching for a few days anything I did bid on go out of my reach. I was confident I would not "win" on anything I wanted again for quite a while. Positive that it would be out of my reach and that my favorite things would pass me by. This was my third mistake.

As we all know after the 3rd mistake it's all downhill from there. I bid on 3 items today, not some ludicrous amount compared to what I've seen some of you other guys collect and send out. (Glances enviously at @Bigshizza ). But for someone of meager income 1 of these items would of been just fine. I unfortunately won all 3 and the woman sitting next to me as I write this tells me I am not allowed on "Bidding" sites for a month or more.

So just a friendly warning to anyone who has not found such sites, don't let it go to your head.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHEEESH!!!  I can't believe anybody would make those kind of mistakes.  ;-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Well, I am only in my 20's and my Humidor is empty at the moment. It's lonely and I feel the urge to fill it with friends.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    Well, I am only in my 20's and my Humidor is empty at the moment. It's lonely and I feel the urge to fill it with friends.

A friendly warning..... If you stick around here a while, and word gets out you have an empty humidor, your next purchase will be a bigger humidor.

From one noob to another, there are some incredibly generous and wonderful BOTL here. Watch, listen, and learn from these people. They know stuff.

P.S. We all want to be @Bigshizza when we grow up!!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Guitarded said:

I'm half tempted to just drive over the mountains and shake his hand. xD He's only like 4-5 hours away depending on traffic and weather.
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    that devil site really temps me!
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Lol, your done son! They don't call it 'the devil site' for nothing! ;)
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    In my defense I do believe I gave warning on addiction.  You will learn young grasshopper and even land better deals when adopting patients.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your wisdom outnumbers your years@kswildcat
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    SHEEESH!!!  I can't believe anybody would make those kind of mistakes.  ;-)
    I think what Peter is getting at is that he has been there and I know for darn sure I have been there.

Any pics of what you won??

Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:

Any pics of what you won??

Jay
    No, it shipped out today. The one I won last week was a 5 pack of 5 Vegas Series A. What I got last night was a 5 pack of 5 Vegas Gold, 5 pack of Black Ops Connecticut (been wanting to try those) and a new jar of humicare beads. I've only spent 35 total on everything + shipping, but I shouldn't be spending it in the first place.
  • Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    So last week I posted about advice for Make Me An Offer deals and what I should offer. @kswildcat was kind enough to point me towards another site and after winning a bid on my first try I felt kinda bad ass about it, who doesn't like getting a 5 pack of cigars they like at under half the normal sales cost with shipping added? This was my first mistake. My second mistake was bidding on more items after watching for a few days anything I did bid on go out of my reach. I was confident I would not "win" on anything I wanted again for quite a while. Positive that it would be out of my reach and that my favorite things would pass me by. This was my third mistake.

As we all know after the 3rd mistake it's all downhill from there. I bid on 3 items today, not some ludicrous amount compared to what I've seen some of you other guys collect and send out. (Glances enviously at @Bigshizza ). But for someone of meager income 1 of these items would of been just fine. I unfortunately won all 3 and the woman sitting next to me as I write this tells me I am not allowed on "Bidding" sites for a month or more.

So just a friendly warning to anyone who has not found such sites, don't let it go to your head.
    There is no way there is such a cigar site could possibly exist. ..... At least that is what I told myself 240qts ago. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I bring a box home from work and before I can say anything my wife says, " Let me guess. You got a great deal?". 

I've had the same talk(s) that you just had, lol. Best advice is get her to smoke with you and then you can order as much and as often as you like.

I had to delete those websites from my favorites.
  • Options
    Been addicted to online auctions for years.

Guess it's been like 10 years or better I found a set of Hurst hatch t-tops for my transam. Came with everything to make a hardtop car a t-top car (which they basically did with Hurst hatch). Anyways guy was asking the seller all sorts of questions and it sure appeared he had a hardtop he want to make t-top. Once I placed my max bid there was only 8 seconds left.. Got them for like $100. Sent him a message couple years ago to inform him they are still in the box because they just spares. Back in my 20's driver side lock clip must had snapped and t-top flew off about 90mph. Had a heck of a time finding 1 back then so I jumped at the spares lol
  • Options
    james40 said:
    I bring a box home from work and before I can say anything my wife says, " Let me guess. You got a great deal?". 

I've had the same talk(s) that you just had, lol. Best advice is get her to smoke with you and then you can order as much and as often as you like.

I had to delete those websites from my favorites.
    Actually she bought me my Humidor last year for my Bday that started this whole ball rolling and got me a box of Chillin Moose for Xmas. And she doesn't like smoking of any kind. Whereas I will take a Pipe, a Cigar and even a nice rolled cigarette if I like the way the blend smells. If it's warm-ish (relative to Washington State), she will sit outside with me and drink a glass of Amaretto while I smoke.

kswildcat said:
    Been addicted to online auctions for years.

Guess it's been like 10 years or better I found a set of Hurst hatch t-tops for my transam. Came with everything to make a hardtop car a t-top car (which they basically did with Hurst hatch). Anyways guy was asking the seller all sorts of questions and it sure appeared he had a hardtop he want to make t-top. Once I placed my max bid there was only 8 seconds left.. Got them for like $100. Sent him a message couple years ago to inform him they are still in the box because they just spares. Back in my 20's driver side lock clip must had snapped and t-top flew off about 90mph. Had a heck of a time finding 1 back then so I jumped at the spares lol

I bought a Targa Top car last year. Was missing a handle. Got the last one within 1500 miles of here according to the parts warehouse. Sadly it leaks so I don't drive it much if I don't have to. xD
  • Options
    Crisius said:

I bought a Targa Top car last year. Was missing a handle. Got the last one within 1500 miles of here according to the parts warehouse. Sadly it leaks so I don't drive it much if I don't have to. xD
    Depending on make an model soffseal prolly makes weatherstripping  (the best in my opinion). Just make sure surfaces are clean when reinstalling top (I use air, even on trunk and door seal) and the stripping will last a lot longer. On my good vehicles I clean all seal areas often. I stay away from most TREATMENTS because they cause more harm then good. Most attract dust which wrecks seals.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    Guitarded said:

I'm half tempted to just drive over the mountains and shake his hand. xD He's only like 4-5 hours away depending on traffic and weather.

Do it this summer...I'll get Eric and we can get crazy!
  • Options
    Bigshizza said:
    Crisius said:
    Guitarded said:

Do it this summer...I'll get Eric and we can get crazy!
    It could happen if you wish for it hard enough. :P