Home Non Cigar Related
Options

To shave or not to shave?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Whaddya think, CCOM forum? Keep the beard growing or shave it off?

imageimage
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a keeper!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you can grow one that's not patchy.... I say keep it...  B)
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am an advocate for beards, but the missus is the one who makes the final call.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it looks great 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could get away with it at work I wouldn't shave
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say do what the boss tells you.. She knows best...

Wish I could grow one.. I'd be on duck dynasty if I had my way.. maybe zz top.  
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote keep. Looks more real and relaxed.
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    I have to keep mine, when I shave I get carded for R rated movies. >.>

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Wylaff said:
    I am an advocate for beards, but the missus is the one who makes the final call.
    Same, my Wife keeps telling me to keep it, even though I think it makes me look like a grey badger.

@Puff_Dougie, I think yours looks good!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yours is a lot tamer than mine,  keep it, 
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    keep it! 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shave it just because everyone says to keep it
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug, I vote keep.

I realize this is a 100% un-asked opinion, but have you considered one of those beard dye kits?

I am thinking of doing one; I have a lot of natural white, blonde, and red in my beard not to mention the gray my kids give me every day.

I will do it if you will do it:

http://www.justformen.com/products/mustache-and-beard/

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being native, I can't grow a beard. About all I can get is a shaggy goatee. But can only handle it for a short while before the itching drives me nuts.

It looks good though.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Being native, I can't grow a beard. About all I can get is a shaggy goatee. But can only handle it for a short while before the itching drives me nuts.

It looks good though.
    This post is worthless without photos....  LOL.  >:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Keep it. It's hard to rock the all gray beard. I can't so I just do the van ****. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it grey. Oil it with a little grapeseed oil after your shower to handle itching and keep it soft. You'll thank me after the first three days of trying it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Doug, I vote keep.

I realize this is a 100% un-asked opinion, but have you considered one of those beard dye kits?

I am thinking of doing one; I have a lot of natural white, blonde, and red in my beard not to mention the gray my kids give me every day.

I will do it if you will do it:

http://www.justformen.com/products/mustache-and-beard/

I tried that once. It just didn't feel right. Kinda like wearing a bad toupee... everybody knew it was not real. Besides, I worked hard to earn these white whiskers. :)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    If you want to go for a younger modern look I seen a guy with a zombie green mohawk the other day. Maybe that dye will work on beard as well...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ex had me doing the just-for-men dying routine for a couple weeks; you're right Doug, it just doesn't look right, and then in a day you have the gray roots anyway.

I say shave it.  By the looks of that beautiful pelt you're sporting, it'd grow back in a week, so why not just do it until you get sick of shaving again.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the beard. Shave the head. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    If you want to go for a younger modern look I seen a guy with a zombie green mohawk the other day. Maybe that dye will work on beard as well...
    Mein Gott, just say no to 'glitter' beards. Fookin horrible, lol
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as it starts getting cool in the fall, I grow mine out.  As soon as it starts getting warm, off it comes.  Shaved a couple weeks ago for the first time since October 1, too early, should've waited a couple more weeks.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta Sigmund Freud beard. Makes you look smart. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Rhamlin said:
    Keep the beard. Shave the head. 

Actually used to do that too...

• Options
    The glare is killing me lol
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the fuzz
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it, looks good!