Home General Discussion

Cigar Boxes

CrisiusCrisius Hoquiam, WAPosts: 430 ✭✭✭
Anyone here collect boxes or have boxes they wouldn't mind selling? No cigars wanted for this. Just the empty boxes.

Comments

  • Usaf06Usaf06 FloridaPosts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many. I have a few I think
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

    "LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

  • CrisiusCrisius Hoquiam, WAPosts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I'm more or less looking for specific boxes, want to throw together a little fathers day package for my cousin to celebrate his first year as a father. So I have a few boxes in mind that would work really well, like the Gurkha Yakuza or the Gurkha Genghis Khan. Or something close to that level of beauty/awesomeness. But I'm not looking to spend 1000 dollar or 300 dollars for an empty box.

    But I want something I can throw some cigars in that I know he will enjoy, along with a cutter, a lighter and some other goodies for him.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck finding a Gurkha box on here.. 

    Might call ccom and see if they can help you out on an empty 1.. worse they can do is say no.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 FloridaPosts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no gurkha boxes bro.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

    "LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a fancy Gurkha box that came with Gurkha Black Dragons in the Churchill vitola. The box is leather-covered and lined with a kinda crushed velour that's orange in color. 

    The he cigars were all in glass tubos but I only have a few of the empty tubos left. I gave away some of the cigars and tubos and a few got broken. I don't think you'd want them. 

    I saw a few of these boxes sell in the $35 price range on eBay. You may still find one or two there. If not, I'll sell this one. I'm not a collector....image
  • GuitardedGuitarded AlbuquerquePosts: 4,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve is low. He might have some.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to another one like the one I have:

    http://m.ebay.com/itm/111915866559?_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true

    if this link doesn't work I'll try something else...  B)
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck brother. Gurkha has some of the coolest boxes around. That's one reason for the high msrp IMO. But most Gurkha fans ( and there are many, maybe not here but I've seen shops with whole walls devoted to Gurkha)really prize their boxes
  • CrisiusCrisius Hoquiam, WAPosts: 430 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Here's a link to another one like the one I have:

    http://m.ebay.com/itm/111915866559?_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true

    if this link doesn't work I'll try something else...  B)
    That's a pretty cool box.

    Rhamlin said:
    Good luck brother. Gurkha has some of the coolest boxes around. That's one reason for the high msrp IMO. But most Gurkha fans ( and there are many, maybe not here but I've seen shops with whole walls devoted to Gurkha)really prize their boxes

    And I don't mean JUST Gurkha boxes, I meant just good looking boxes in general and used Gurkha as an example.

  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like the MOW box... bonus is I like the cigars also
  • WylaffWylaff < < < HipsterPosts: 5,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new camacho boxes.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    jlmarta said:
    Here's a link to another one like the one I have:

    http://m.ebay.com/itm/111915866559?_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true

    if this link doesn't work I'll try something else...  B)
    That's a pretty cool box.

    Rhamlin said:
    Good luck brother. Gurkha has some of the coolest boxes around. That's one reason for the high msrp IMO. But most Gurkha fans ( and there are many, maybe not here but I've seen shops with whole walls devoted to Gurkha)really prize their boxes

    And I don't mean JUST Gurkha boxes, I meant just good looking boxes in general and used Gurkha as an example.

    It'd make a helluva gift box since you want to put some swag in with the cigars. There's a lift-out tray that holds 10 sticks and you could put the swag down below....  Just a thought.... 
Sign In or Register to comment.