Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My Dad - My Absense

bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had a few free moments so I thought I would pop in.

My dad recently was taken to the doctors because he wasn't feeling too well and had a really bloated stomach. After examination and cat scan it was determined he had a large mass on his liver. A biopsy was done and came back as inoperable liver cancer. Turns out the whole liver is just one big cancer. Well, on Sunday I visited and he looked like a different person. Sunday night he was admitted to the hospital and we were informed to think in matter of him being with us for a matter of days. He is at home and on comfort care so no meds except for Adavan and morphine for anxiety and discomfort. He hasn't eaten anything since Sunday and no liquids either. His kidneys are starting to shut down as is the rest of his body. He isn't in pain just has some discomfort.

It is the hardest thing I have had to endure in my life as it was just over two weeks ago he was up and about just being himself. Really has thrown me for a loop and am really still processing all that has happened in a very short time.

If, my family here, can send prayers for him to pass during his sleep that would be great. He is well past any chance of getting better so the best we can ask for is for his to pass swiftly and with as little discomfort as possible.

Thanks to all the support this forum has provided over the years.

I'll be back but just don't know when. 

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear about your dad. Praying for him and your entire family.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May the Lord bless you and keep you,
    May the Lord shine his face upon you and be gracious to you,
    May the Lord turn his continence to you, and bring you peace...

Me and mine and praying for you. Just reach out to us if you need anything.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear. Prayers in route
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry. Praying. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my privilege to pray, Todd, for your dad and the rest of your family.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts with you and your family in this difficult time, Todd.

You know we're all here for you if you need anything. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Todd, we all wish you and your family the best.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers brutha. Any support you need let us know. Wishing the best for you and your family.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness." (Isaiah 57:1-2)

So sorry to read this sad news, Todd. May your dad be kept free from pain and taken quickly to the place where there are no tears or suffering. Praying for you all, brother!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terribly sorry to hear this, Todd. My prayers for you and your family.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Todd. Sending my thoughts and prayers for your family. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry, Todd. Prayers for you and family going out. 
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd, I will pray for a soft and gentle crossing for your Dad. 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear that,may your father find rest in the Lord. I send my prayers to you and your family.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It pains me to hear this Todd.  Sorry that this is happening to him, and to the family.  Prayers sent. 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear of this Todd. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding you and your family in the Light, in the Quaker tradition. Peace.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about your dad Todd, my thoughts will be with you and I pray that he will go peacefully :(
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's hard, Todd, so sorry to hear this.  We just went through hospice with my FIL and we were able to get him back to his home for Thanksgiving where he loved to be, surrounded by family. My prayers are with you and your family. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ours prayers are with you.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending prayers, Todd. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers for you and your family. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love ya Todd-- anything you need just call. I have the whole family in prayers..
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Jim said.
    So sorry to hear this.
    Please take care of yourself and your family. 
    You have a rough road ahead of you and I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear Todd.  Sending prayers
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this news Todd, thoughts and prayers. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sending a text bro. 
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry Todd.  I went through something similar with my dad.  I work second shift and I have a baby so I never sleep feel free to pm me if you want my number.  I've got an ear and am around if you need anything.  Thoughts are with you and your family.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, Todd, but relieved that the Lord took your dad quickly as you hoped. This life is a fragile thing, and we too easily get wrapped up in vain distractions that keep us from focusing on the things - or rather, the people - that matter most. I'll be praying now for you and your family as you grieve and move forward. God bless you, brother.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon