Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone else getting shipments without humi-care pillows?

All three of my last three orders have arrived with zero humi-care pillows, and notably dried out cigars as a result.  It doesn't seem to be happening to other members of this forum, and never had for me or my friends and family in the past with Cigar.com (but has from previous online vendors, which is why I switched).

With 3 pillow-less orders in a row, it can't be happening to just me, and certainly can't be a coincidence.

I love cigar.com, but I won't keep paying for dried out cigars. :'(

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let them know! Only way they can improve service 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you jarubla and Bigshizza. Will do.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking about customer service. My last order was a big one. I had ordered a lot of singles. Went through everything and I was missing 2 cigars. E-mailed cigar.com about the issue and they apologized for the mistake and asked which 2 were missing. Told them and within minutes I get an e-mail saying they were very sorry for the mix-up and would send out the cigars asap. Told cigar.com about the issue Tuesday and the cigars will be here Friday :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once before they shorted me 4 cigars on a Thrifty Fifty order.  I told them about it and they me sent five cigars, much better than the four I was missing.

As others have said., let them know and they make it right.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd be a lot more concerned about the packing material being missing that the humi-pillows not being in there.  Since their warehouse is humidity/temp controlled, I can't see that a 3-day journey to me is going to hurt anything.  And since everything is going to sit here for a week or a month before it gets smoked whatever drying did happened will be corrected.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I agree with Peter. Humi pillows are a nice touch but are only important if your package gets lost for a few weeks in the US mail and/or has to sit around at your house for weeks before you get back from Timbuktu and get a chance to open it. A few days in a ziploc without a water pillow while in transit is not a problem. Almost all of my trades/bombs go out with no pillow or boveda. Hope y'all aren't offended. If I thought it was necessary I'd do it.  

And I also agree with peter about the packing material. The guys at the warehouse need to be better at that. Also, as individuals it needs to be considered when packing your trades/bombs. No offence intended but,..............have some of you never heard of the stuff? After you pack up your fivers, give it a shake. If nothing moves. Ya' done good. If it's slidin' and bangin' around in there,.... Ya' ain't no good at it. Keep tryin'. Nothin' worse that a well intended gift getting busted up in transit. 

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/743470/how-to-ship-cigars