Home Non Cigar Related

We've come a long way, baby!

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
That was then...

This is now...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, Donald! Scientists say finger size really does correlate to **** size.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-scientists-finger-size-matter-article-1.2552694

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Really sad what the GOP debates have devolved into. It would be really nice if we could hear a real policy debate at some point.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree, Tony. But impossible with Trump in the race. His overpowering personality and refusal, or inability, to engage in substantive discussion ensures that every debate is a big ol' Yo Mamma contest. The fact that so many are supporting him makes me even more terrified at where we are as a culture.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Have never seen anything like this really, the insults, Republicans eating their own, but I'm kinda enjoying it at the same time.  Reap what you sow I guess.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    we all want and need a functioning government but what we are being offered is a personality cult, a tainted political stew of personality, whipped to a froth by the media, without any apparent attempt at intellectual dialog, with the 'winner' jamming their side down everyone's throat. I can't believe that this is the best that America has to offer. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @webmost
    I agree that severe changes need to be made, but unfortunately, it's hard to believe that our votes make any difference in the outcome.

Yes, I believe we should vote, but after seeing several elections and votes on bills that have passes with 46% for, I've come to believe that it can be and has been manipulated many times.

I guess I'm a skeptic, but it's hard to be optimisitc with today's politics.
    Hope for the best and expect the worst. LOL!

And then there is the problem that the next president is set up to fail.
    To have to come in and try and clean up the mess, especially since the House/Conress/etc will do everything they can to screw it up.

When a party out and out states that they will do everything they can to vote down or create problems for a president or oposite party, something is very wrong.

"The best interest of the citizen" is no longer even considered.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a long time since I've seen a candidate to get excited about, checking the box for the candidate that doesnt stink as bad is getting old
    A little dirt never hurt
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Watch current events and all I see is more ammo and non-perishable food
    How about the amount of money these super-pacs are spending/wasting on add's that mean nothing.  Who believes what they see in an add anyways?   It's going to be fun to watch the primaries and conventions though.  So many people taking an interest in this election and voting in primaries, this could be "huuge".  Even after the election, everyone has their backs to the wall now, choosing sides, will anything get done?  Someone said it's a revolution with ballots instead of bullets.  But no matter who gets elected I do believe America will survive.  But I'm still buying seeds and ammo kswildcat, lol.

Update:  Cruz won Maine yesterday, Trump says it's because we're so close to Canada, lol.  eh!
    edited March 2016
    Cruz spanked the rest in Kansas (who I believe is the best of who is left).. Think Carson would have done well had he not dropped out.. 

Was somewhat proud to be a kansan until I seen Sanders absolutely destroyed Hillary. Not quite sure what to make of it... Although  I believe she should have been locked up and tortured long ago, Sanders really?  I believe he should be a poster child for why not to eat paint chips. I will give the man credit for being honest. 

@The3Stogies  my patriot supply has some good heirlooms.. If anyone knows of other places please share
    kswildcat said:

A little dirt never hurt
    now thats funny
    A little dirt never hurt
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    That is funny.

While this is merely ironic:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Get on the bus!  I like Bernie, wouldn't vote for him but like his style.  Doesn't get down in the mud like others, slinging insults, just states his case and moves on.   

Both parties know who they want and are trying to convince us what we want or need.  Dem's got Hillary/Bubba to serve up, no pun intended, and the party is behind her.  Jeb!, the chosen one, never got traction and Trump was a joke, at first.  That commitment to back whoever was the nominee will bite them in the arse now if Trump gets the nomination and if they even honor it.  Show's how in touch with the people they are and where they're heads are at.  So the Rep elite decided on Cruz to be the new Jeb!, so out comes the "True Conservatives"  to tell us why.  But this was only after Jeb! dropped out and they saw what was still happening.  Now Romney's out there going all alpha-nerd on Trump and not the Dem's, eating your own now too, brilliant.  How does that get a Rep in the WH?  Republican party may be destroyed by this, but what will emerge, it will be ugly I think.  Fun to watch though.

WTF is Carson thinkin?.. Just lost a lot of respect for the man.. Think he needs to get himself checked out. Man done lost his mind.
    kswildcat said:
    WTF is Carson thinkin?.. Just lost a lot of respect for the man.. Think he needs to get himself checked out. Man done lost his mind.
    I think he bought into Trump's "defense" of him against Ted's campaign tactics in Iowa. I liked Carson, but he always struck me as a little unstable. 
    Think you're right, I was surprised Carson endorsed anyone.  Don't know if he's unstable but very analytical and not the type-A personality that seems to be wanted.  Well maybe not wanted, but in this age of multi-media that's what seems to shine through.  Do these endorsements really matter to the average voter anyway?

The Rep debate had a very different tone this time didn't it?  
    The Rep debate had a very different tone this time didn't it?  
    Yeah... kinda like they had Bill Cosby prepare their green room beverages.
    Something going on, that was a dramatic change, about time.

Caught the Hillary/Bernie town hall the other night.  Bernie didn't take the bait when they asked who some of his favorite Republicans were, I like his style.  Hillary named our Sue Collins which I found amusing.  

The company I used to work for is one of Hillary's top 15, if not 10 contributors, Hillary, not the foundation.  Sue had been to our plant I don't know how many times doing the pr thing and spreading the word, last time was about the sequester and how it would hurt the business.  Hillary only speaks at the corporate events.  We supplied to drug research, drug manufacturing and all the big pharms.  Wanted to ask her if it would affect our plants we built in Mexico (2) and China (2 big ones) that do the same thing as US (2).  But those were built for their burgeoning markets not ours after all.  And I was still working there at the time, politics are everywhere.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballots will not work, bullets probably will.  It doesn't matter who is in power anymore, as long as both sides are pushing the citizens of this country towards another full-scale revolution.  Who knows?  Maybe that will fix it for another century or so.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    Ballots will not work, bullets probably will.  It doesn't matter who is in power anymore, as long as both sides are pushing the citizens of this country towards another full-scale revolution.  Who knows?  Maybe that will fix it for another century or so.
    Why do you think they keep pushing gun control?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)