Home General Discussion
Options

New Job!

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Well, never thought I'd be sad to leave a job, ever.  I always tell my wife not to get emotional about a job, it's just business.  Too bad I can't take my own advice. LOL. After many years of enjoying my job, I had to make a change as all the travel was taking too big a toll on me and the family.  So, when I finally got a great opportunity that will keep me home way more often, I accepted.  And then promptly starting losing sleep night after night, knowing that I was soon going to have to call my boss who has become a friend.  That call was really tough, but in the end, my #1 team needs me more than the #2 team.  So, I sit here now at an B&M in CLive, IA, smoking a Le Bijou as I ponder my last couple weeks and the start of a new era.  Cheers to all y'all, my family of the leaf!

And, yeah, skydiving season is about to commence!  Bam!  :D
How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck in your future endeavors Darren. Hopefully your new job will bring you back around the STL again sometime. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are always tough decisions. Had to make one myself about 12 years ago. Putting your family first is never the wrong choice. Here's to your new gig and much success in your future endeavors!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you learn to enjoy the new gig as much as the old. Doing what you love is priceless, gave up chasing the ol' mighty dollar long ago.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck! You gotta love stayin close to the family tho
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  Was a really stressful February.  

Alas @matkn293 I will not get down to MO any longer.  After the beat downs y'all gave me, this is likely a good thing LOL  :D
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats 
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Good luck in your future endeavors Darren. Hopefully your new job will bring you back around the STL again sometime. 
    The St. Louis crew was the reason for the new job. Couldn't handle any more beatings
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Darren, it's hard making those type of transitions, but I'm sure it will be worth it!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations. I made a similar move (same company though) about 15 months ago. I'm happier, healthier and loving it. I'm sure you'll be in the same boat shortly. Family first!!
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Congrats Darren @skydiverD . I am happy to see you'll get more family time but sad to see you won't be traveling to STL anymore. I always look forward to beating up on Chicago fan!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you Darrin.  Congrats!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise choice Darrin. You can't recapture this time, glad you'll be there for more family time.... they will appreciate it more than you once it goes into effect. All the best to you and yours brutha.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Darrin. Or Darren. 
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's on the new job Darrin.  Change is scary but usually after a while you wonder what took you so long to do it.  Best of luck.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work sure does get in the way of life sometimes. Glad you chose life.
  • Options
    Work sure does get in the way of life sometimes. Glad you chose life.
    Story of my life
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Is your new boss a cigar smoker?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I don't think so, but that won't matter, he's in Cincincatti, and I'm in Chicago.  LOL I'll find a way to corrupt some folks into cigar smokers at the new gig, just like I did at the old gig.   :D   And for the record...... DARRIN any other spelling is just flat out ridiculous.  :p
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Darrin @skydiverD ;!  And best of luck as you start down this new path! 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Congrats Darryn
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to hear, Darron.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Dayron! I'm sure they'll understand. And any job that shift the work/life balance closer to home is a good job.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    I don't think so, but that won't matter, he's in Cincincatti, and I'm in Chicago.  LOL I'll find a way to corrupt some folks into cigar smokers at the new gig, just like I did at the old gig.   :D   And for the record...... DARRIN any other spelling is just flat out ridiculous.  :p
    I would just like to point out that I got it right.  Thanks Darryn
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Someone's going to pay for this gross insubordination....  :D
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Dairon! The endorphins will overcompensate for any speculation. You'll do fine. Congrats! 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of an episode of Bewitched with all these spellings of darwood
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought his name was Dammit?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch