Home Non Cigar Related

Yousician?

Does anyone here use this for Guitar? If so, have you purchased a subscription and is it worth it?

Besides actual lessons, any other apps you'd recommend? I do watch a few YouTube lessons but I wanted a more structured approach and thought this app might be the best start.

I'm going to fire it up this weekend but I was hoping for real, accurate reviews first.

Comments

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Rocksmith 2014!!!! I can't praise the game enough for seriously improving my guitar and bass skills. Tons of fun, can find lots of songs by bands/genres you like, and doesn't feel like practice. Feels like jamming once you get into it.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21 said:
    Rocksmith 2014!!!! I can't praise the game enough for seriously improving my guitar and bass skills. Tons of fun, can find lots of songs by bands/genres you like, and doesn't feel like practice. Feels like jamming once you get into it.
    I second this. I've seen his vids on Instagram.  They are lovely. 
    Sometimes I use them as material for when the Bum Thread is slow.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We sell a ton of rocksmith at best buy and it doesn't get returned so it must be good.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    bahaha Daniel... ;-)

But yeah really. Plug your instrument into a game console or computer, play along with your favorite songs, it dynamically adjusts the difficulty so you can play along the whole time even if you can't do it perfectly.

It then gives you suggestions on what to work on and will help you play each part slowly till you get it. Teach you chords, technique, etc. And much much more. You won't regret it and it's super cheap these days compared to when it came out.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it work with acoustic?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wylaff said:
    Does it work with acoustic?
    Yousician, yes.

I've avoided Rocksmith because my coworker can't play a song without having to use Rocksmith. It's possible he's more on the lead side vs. rhythm, which is what I want.
    Rocksmith works with any you can plug in (acoustic electric, but not acoustic).

And james, maybe he turned off the mastery option? As you master parts of the songs they disappear while you play so you have to have learned them or you'll get it wrong and they reappear.

Also, there is lead and rhythm in rocksmith...