Home General Discussion

Forum Field Trip? (Just Guaging Interest)

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK kids. Anybody up for a trip to Honduras?

Justo Eiroa and Bernardo Rodriguez of J.R.E. Tobacco run tours of their farm & factory a couple times per year. Visitors just need to cover their own round trip transportation. Trip is four days/three nights. They can accommodate groups of 10.

If there is enough interest, I can work on details. It wouldn't be until January or February 2017, which would give everyone time to get passports, save $$ and plan for time off.

This is just a tentative inquiry to see if there are enough people interested to move forward. No commitment at this time.  
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds fun.. I'm interested. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested but a lot would have to fall into place to actually make it happen
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I'm interested but a lot would have to fall into place to actually make it happen

Ditto.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a lot of fun. Interested but your right a lot would have to fall into place for it to happen
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife would never let me do that, Canada maybe but not Honduras.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am interested.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be a Eiroa, CLE, OSOK, Asylum tour.. Read a review, I'd post link but on phone and my smart phone isn't so smart lol 
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I'm not allowed to go anywhere without my wife.
    It seems I'm not capable of staying out of trouble without her.  :o
    From past experience, or just her opinion? My wife says the same, but I earned that disrespect!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    cbuck said:
    0patience said:
    From past experience, or just her opinion? My wife says the same, but I earned that disrespect!
    Earned it. 
    Nothing worse than 3 wives (we weren't married at the time) having to go pick up 3 brothers at the Sherrif's office.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Been there! Solo though! And that was a long time ago!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Usaf06 said:
    Same here but, I'd love to go. Seriously interested in what you're cookin' Doug. . 

Looking at flight costs. At which airport do we need to land in Honduras? 
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempting. 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    cbuck said:
    0patience said:
    Earned it. 
    Nothing worse than 3 wives (we weren't married at the time) having to go pick up 3 brothers at the Sherrif's office.
    Or she knows I'd just stay at the factory watching the ladies roll them cigars all day long, only the ladies.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all other accomodations are taking care of other then transportation to and from Honduras? My dad and I might be up for that seeing that we would have 10 months or so to plan and save. Keep me in the loop about plans!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested but Christian IMO has f'ed up Camacho and I'm not a huge fan of cle. I've met him a few times and he's a nice guy but he's money hungry and that's why new Camacho sucks!
    Money can't buy taste