Home Non Cigar Related

Who will be the 45th POTUS?

2»

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ted Cruz
    kswildcat said:
    I can write in Puffy.. Why the heck not, he couldn't possibly screw things up any worse then they already are..

Can I use that as my campaign slogan?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hillary Clinton
    But does he inhale?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troy Landry for president.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Hillary Clinton
    kswildcat said:
    Oh nice, now Hillary is on all my post's on this thread!  I've been tagged!
    We know your for her because you think she hot..lol
    I dunno, she neutered Bubba pretty good.  Have to tell you though, part of my decision to vote for W was the Bush twins.  Ain't America great!
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am writing in Daffy Duck.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    jarubla said:
    I am writing in Daffy Duck.
    Troy Landry is better than Daffy Duck... same accent, better folk.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reading an interesting book, "The Lucifer Principle" by Howard Bloom.  Here's a little sample that seems pertinent:

"...In human society, another kind of garbage...is used for structural purposes...in this case the frustration from which hatred is distilled.  ...  Envy and fear are turned from a source of disruption to a creator of cohesion. ...

The demon one society wants to eliminate is all too frequently the god of some rival group...

Leaders like Orville Faubus* and Fidel Castro have skillfully manipulated a few basic rules of human nature:  that every tribe regards outsiders as fair game; that every society gives permission to hate; that each culture dresses the demon of its hatred in the garb of righteousness; and that the man who channels this hatred can rouse the superorganism and lead it around by the nose. "

So, I think that whichever candidate masters this principle on the largest scale is the most likely winner.  They're all working it pretty hard, except the one who keeps talking about the issues instead.

*Governor of Arkansas during the '50s and '60s, wagged the dog creating race riots over integration, when there would have been none had he kept his mouth shut.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I would vote for Clark and Dawes. Too bad they can't run. They're not citizens.

I would vote for Peyton Manning. He's got nothing better to do now. He'd prolly carry Omaha.

Who would you nominate?

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry David 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Donald Trump
    Lol at the responses. Seems everyone wants a different candidate than is running!

Its good that no one voted for Marco. He dropped out yesterday after not winning his home state. That pretty much speaks for his approval rating as a senator in Florida!

I really thought that he would take it to the convention, but when campaign donators pull out, I guess there isn't much to do then except try to cut a deal for vice presidency for either 3 republican candidates. 

I think most likely Rubio will cut a deal with another establishment candidate, like Cruz. Kasich is unfortunately going to lose (he is the most qualified and level-headed) so Rubio wouldn't run under him.
    How do make this text turn upside down?
    Hillary Clinton
    Rubio and Bush are suspending campaign's right?  If I were to nominate off the list it would've been Huckabee.

I proudly carry the Hillary tag in this thread, but at least it's not a tattoo.  I based that on the Republican meltdown going on and think she will win the way things are going. If Trump or Cruz do go against the Clinton/Dem machine, I would put my money on Trump to do better.  If Rep's drop in another candidate they will be toast anyways.  I have never seen anything like this, well since I've been paying a little attention anyways.

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Wish I wasn't stuck on the truck.. I'd try to round up a bunch of loud azz bikes much like the Patriot Guard (cannot believe that church full of morons are from kansas) and hit the Republican rallies to offset the protesters. But like most people got to work for a living.. That's why you don't see people protesting Democrat rallies, they have a job....

Not a Trump fan (or Cruz or Kasich for that matter) but having a buncha slow leaks shut down rallies is bs.. If they put as much effort working as they do protesting they might amount to something. 
    edited March 2016
    kswildcat said:
    I can write in Puffy.. Why the heck not, he couldn't possibly screw things up any worse then they already are..

Can I use that as my campaign slogan?
    It's better then any of their slogans.. Surely we could come up with a better hat then Trump's stupid hat odviously designed by a drunk ape.

Just promise to find a spot for @webmost and @jlmarta and myself in your cabinet.  But don't give me access to the nuclear ICBMs button, just sayin :* 
    Post edited by kswildcat on
    Hillary Clinton
    All comes down to who they give us for choices, write ins just are a wasted vote really. Is that what cutting off your nose to spite your face means?

As far as protesters, I've seen my share up here in this little town.  Bush '41 lives about 10 miles over that way and that drew some during his term.  Then we got even more when W was pres too, and he doesn't even live here.  Checked out a couple of the protest marches and didn't see a familiar face in the crowds at all.  You're right Randy, bikers kept the Westboro ****'s in place when they showed up at another town.  '41 used to show up at the local biker bar from time to time. 

With the media now you can form a protest pretty quickly.  They bus them in, they bus them out.  Some of the protesters interviewed from Chicago had no idea what they were protesting about, one even said I'm not going to tell you.  What?  Must be part of that silent majority.

Hillary Clinton
    The add with Hillary barking, Bills thinking "If she'd have only done that for me"
    That's Hillarious