Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Cookies enroute

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
@webmost - 9405503699300284302813
@stubble - 9405503699300284302820
@waternerd - 9405503699300284302837
@wylaff - I need to go to the p.o. to ship yours because my scale doesn't go high enough.  I'll have tracking for you a bit later today.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeeeet. Can't wait
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    milk at the ready
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    I apologize for the delay but life has been hectic lately.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    @Wylaff - 9505512778716075078831
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My scale doesn't go high enough", now that is awesome!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    It ended up being 7lbs 15oz.  I think my scale maxes at 5 pounds.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

YES!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have shipped 2 smaller boxes....

;) 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I'm not sure the Girls Scouts would approve of the hitchikers:

How come they can't call Samoas Samoas any more? How in hell do you wring some imagined offense out of naming your cookies for a tropical paradise? PC continues to make azzes of themselves. Got to call them Caramel deLites. Isn't that offensive to the spelling challenged community?

Who's the redhead on the box? The one with the muffin face? You know I'm partial. Is she seeing anyone? Is it serious? Hook a brother up here.

Breakfast is served. I'm gonna open the box right now.
    Post edited by webmost on
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    That's funny here's the ones that I got (sadly Brad posted after I ordered mine).
    they were originally called Carmel delights, I wonder if it's a regional thing, or maybe they just had extra stock they still had to get rid of.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Those are aged. Let us know if they're eating good.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Lol, yes the first 5 boxes were very tasty! 
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny here's the ones that I got (sadly Brad posted after I ordered mine).
    they were originally called Carmel delights, I wonder if it's a regional thing, or maybe they just had extra stock they still had to get rid of.

I can't remember if it was Brad or who mentioned this, but GSA has two vendors who make that particular cookie, and one calls it Samoans and the other calls it Caramel Delights.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    There are 2-3 different bakeries that make cookies for the Girl Scouts so it depends on what bakery they come out of. I don't get why they wouldn't name them all the same. Glad they made it there safely. Hope you enjoy.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wylaff  your wisdom outnumbers your years 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Trademark issues, eh.  Yosemite National Park is facing the same thing, their bringing in a new organization to run the concessions in the part but the previous operator trademarked the following names requiring a change:

• The Ahwahnee is now the Majestic Yosemite Hotel
    • Curry Village campground is now Half Dome Village
    • Yosemite Lodge at the Falls is the Yosemite Valley Lodge
    • Badger Pass ski area is Yosemite Ski and Snowboard Area
    • Wawona Hotel is now Big Trees Lodge

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Yosemite-s-new-day-Farewell-to-the-Ahwahnee-6863019.php
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )