Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Growing peppers!

2»

Comments

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice set-up @Yakster Can't wait to see all of the pepper plants full of peppers :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pepper seeds are up, except for the cayenne, thanks @WaterNerd! I put a "windowsill mini-greenhouse" on top of our aquarium, worked fine for supplying bottom heat.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cayenne were also off to a slow start, the seedlings doing the best so far are my daughter's sweet basil seeds that she started at the same time as my peppers.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a couple Hot Paper Lanterns and 7 Pod Brain Strains breaking ground. Put another batch of germinated seeds into pots this morning. You know, that latex glove idea probably could save a guy a lot of problems, was using toothpicks like chopsticks to handle the germinated seeds then carelessly picked up the toothpicks to throw them away, holy shnike, why am I even growing something with this much bite? Oh yeah, red chili
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Just under 2 weeks in the soil and the seedlings are doing great

Ghost peppers on the right, Chocolate Habanero in the middle and White Bullet Habanero on the right. It's amazing that I'm getting almost 95% germination with my ghost peppers. I only save seeds from the best plants and biggest pod  :) 
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

How's them peppers?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited May 2023

@Yakster WOW I never posted photos of how they did. I'll get some up later this week. I had a great crop that year! This year just have a few plants. More photos to follow this weekend :)

— Abraham Lincoln