Home General Discussion

Why can't someone make one?

0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 9,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why is it that someone can't make a hygrometer that doesn't have to be calibrated?
And why can't someone make one that once it's calibrated, it freakin stays calibrated??

You would think that with all of today's technology, a simple meter to measure moisture content wouldn't be that difficult to have a reliable, ready to go meter.

But NOoooooooooooooooooooo!!
We have to contiually check the blasted things, calibrate tehm and hope they stay calibrated.

There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BASTARDS!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a thing does exist.  Xikar digital round hygrometer, states no calibration needed.  I have 3 of these and they are all very accurate and only one reads 1% higher than the other two.  Plus it's a xikar so it has a lifetime warranty, so if it's off by more than 2% send it back.
    Ya' know,.........even considering the source,.......... this makes a lot of sense. 
  • avengethisavengethis Sorry, I ate all your bacon!Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have 2 of these xikar ones as well. Always spot on for me.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Such a thing does exist.  Xikar digital round hygrometer, states no calibration needed.  I have 3 of these and they are all very accurate and only one reads 1% higher than the other two.  Plus it's a xikar so it has a lifetime warranty, so if it's off by more than 2% send it back.
    Ya' know,.........even considering the source,.......... this makes a lot of sense. 
    Lol, you crack me up Bob.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 9,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stand corrected. LOL!
    Looks like I'm looking into some xikars.

Thanks!
    There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster I'm on a Buying FreezePosts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the round Xikar at my local B&M when I discovered that the cheap hygrometer that came with my humidor was still reading just 70% after two weeks with the Boveda 86% seasoning packs in it.  The chap behind the counter recommended the Xikar and said it could be calibrated so I was nonplussed when I got home and found that it couldn't, but I've been pretty happy with it once I read the bit about the accuracy and the lifetime warranty.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )