Home General Discussion

Why can't someone make one?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why is it that someone can't make a hygrometer that doesn't have to be calibrated?
And why can't someone make one that once it's calibrated, it freakin stays calibrated??

You would think that with all of today's technology, a simple meter to measure moisture content wouldn't be that difficult to have a reliable, ready to go meter.

But NOoooooooooooooooooooo!!
We have to contiually check the blasted things, calibrate tehm and hope they stay calibrated.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BASTARDS!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a thing does exist.  Xikar digital round hygrometer, states no calibration needed.  I have 3 of these and they are all very accurate and only one reads 1% higher than the other two.  Plus it's a xikar so it has a lifetime warranty, so if it's off by more than 2% send it back.
    Ya' know,.........even considering the source,.......... this makes a lot of sense. 
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have 2 of these xikar ones as well. Always spot on for me.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Such a thing does exist.  Xikar digital round hygrometer, states no calibration needed.  I have 3 of these and they are all very accurate and only one reads 1% higher than the other two.  Plus it's a xikar so it has a lifetime warranty, so if it's off by more than 2% send it back.
    Ya' know,.........even considering the source,.......... this makes a lot of sense. 
    Lol, you crack me up Bob.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stand corrected. LOL!
    Looks like I'm looking into some xikars.

Thanks!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the round Xikar at my local B&M when I discovered that the cheap hygrometer that came with my humidor was still reading just 70% after two weeks with the Boveda 86% seasoning packs in it.  The chap behind the counter recommended the Xikar and said it could be calibrated so I was nonplussed when I got home and found that it couldn't, but I've been pretty happy with it once I read the bit about the accuracy and the lifetime warranty.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )