Home Cigar 101
Options

How many boveda packs can I use ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another, slower way to recharge them is to keep them in a closed plastic container with a damp sponge.  These are some extra 72% Boveda's I have but haven't been using so I've been recharging them.  I've got them on a lid to keep them from getting damp.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    SevenhillliSevenhillli Posts: 21
    Owww is it really ? How long days does it take recharge ? Is it enough one sponge for two boveda packs ? Is there disttelled water in sponge ? 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm using distilled water, not sure how long it'll take to recharge since I'm not in any hurry.  I just check to make sure that the sponge is still pretty damp from time to time and shuffle the Boveda packs around.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I place mine in a large tupperware with a smaller one filled with distilled water in the middle
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I place mine in a large tupperware with a smaller one filled with distilled water in the middle
    I store mine this way. Always have some ready to swap out with the ones that are drying up. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many times can you recharge them ?
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe there's a limit as long as you use distilled and take care of them.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    SevenhillliSevenhillli Posts: 21
    Hi again , summer is coming so my degree is 23-24 . We have to hide cigars in 17-20 degree . I have no air condation . It will be problem . 
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a dry basement?  Used to keep mine down there for July/August, the warmest months here.  Hated doing that, always wondered if a pipe started leaking or something.  Couple years ago bought my 1st AC in my life to put in the window of my spare room/man-hole.  Amount of money I've spent on them, they deserve their own comfortable room.  Put it in June and take out around September, cigars happy and I sleep better.