Home General Discussion

Questions about Lanceros

EssPee2uEssPee2u Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
Noticed the many people say smaller vitolas may have a richer taste profile - I have been interested in Lancers - had my eye on a box of Avos at a great price but didn't pull the trigger spoke with @cbuck who gave them a thumbs up so I went to get them and now they're sold out.  So two questions:

1) What are your thoughts on Lanceros?

2) Which ones do you recommend?
Keep it Smokey

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig lanceros. It's a less filler to wrapper ratio so you are getting more of that wrapper flavor.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to see if your favorite smokes right now come in a lancero. 
    Start there
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually stay away from Lanceros because the draw in many seems tight. Avo has been good for the most part. I had some Caldwell Eastern Standard that I had to ditch.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't uncommon to find a tight draw on a Lancero however I really like them. The Warped El Oso Mama is a good one. Also search H-town lanceros in google. Good selection there including La Palina, tatuaje, illusione, and others
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I can send you a fiver of the heritage lancero. Pm your addy. 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the crowned heads four kicks.

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I like them.... Its hard cause I feel like I smoke them too quick and am scared to burn out the flavors if I don't give it the time it needs. Granted I have had maybe 6 different lanceros.... lol DZR loves them
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe how many lancero fans there were when I first joined. It didn't take long to convert me. 
  • EssPee2uEssPee2u Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    I like them.... Its hard cause I feel like I smoke them too quick and am scared to burn out the flavors if I don't give it the time it needs. Granted I have had maybe 6 different lanceros.... lol DZR loves them
    What do you mean by this?
    Keep it Smokey
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EssPee2u said:
    What do you mean by this?
    If the same amount of air is passing through two cigars, one larger ring gauge and the other smaller, because of the smaller surface area of the smaller ring gauge, it'll burn hotter which can ruin flavors.  Lanceros need to be kept cooler by smaller/gentler draws. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Crux Ninfamaniac Dark 7x33 
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The MF Lance is currently on the devil site 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seem to be a lot less wonky burn issues with them also. I'm sure the smaller ring is a big part
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I love lanceros. My favorite would be the L40 by Drew estates. 
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Being that Lancero's generally better than everyone else except Kenny Powers. You need to be thoughtful when partaking. Ie smoke slow.

A few I'm stuck on lately are the Caldwell Eastern Standard Silk Road, Tatuaje Especiales and Caldwell The Kind if Dead Diamond Girl. Some staples are the 888 Anejo (Kind of a lancero right?), Illusione HL, Pepin Blue label, LP L40 and Herrera Esteli 2014 LE.

That being said all of these are considerably different than the AVO you mentioned.

If you are typically an avo/Davidoff smoker you might not enjoy the smokes I listed as much as I do. But if you are willing to branch out the Silk Road and Tat are spectacular.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Incoming 9405503699300297546426.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    €^ Awsome^ Taking care of a brother.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Being that Lancero's generally better than everyone else except Kenny Powers. You need to be thoughtful when partaking. Ie smoke slow.

A few I'm stuck on lately are the Caldwell Eastern Standard Silk Road, Tatuaje Especiales and Caldwell The Kind if Dead Diamond Girl. Some staples are the 888 Anejo (Kind of a lancero right?), Illusione HL, Pepin Blue label, LP L40 and Herrera Esteli 2014 LE.

That being said all of these are considerably different than the AVO you mentioned.

If you are typically an avo/Davidoff smoker you might not enjoy the smokes I listed as much as I do. But if you are willing to branch out the Silk Road and Tat are spectacular.

^Please Take Note^ Great advice. 
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Oliva Serie V lancero, the Kristoff maduro, and Jericho Hill 12 Honest men. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Wow lots of great info and more opportunities to splurge on a 5er here and there!!! Also - Thanks J40
    Keep it Smokey
    If slow and steady wins this race what is a good estimate of the burn time?
    Keep it Smokey
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the hi holy lancero from illusione. And the monsters tat puts out each year. I just scored a fresh box of most recent tat monster hyde for a c-note.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a friend the illusione h town last week, and he smoked it for 2.5 hours...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    I bought a friend the illusione h town last week, and he smoked it for 2.5 hours...
    Wow thats a commitment 
    Keep it Smokey