Home General Discussion

Butane...

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So my butane has FINALLY run out. lol The Burner has consumed EVERY last drop of it. I would like some SUGGESTIONS as to which butane to get next. are there any that burn cleaner than others or just perform better or last longer? do their qualities change depending on the branding or is it basically one size fits all situation?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop begging  :D;)

spend the the couple dollars extra and get xikar
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

LMFAO!!!! DAMN!!!! youre on to me.... ;-)

My biggest curiosity (which I forgot to put in the original post) How often does a butane lighter actually clog? I was looking at the Xikar just cause they seem to put their brand on most quality things.

ALSO is there really any difference when it comes to the material that the nozzle is made out of or is this a preference thing? My last one was metal... but is plastic gonna break down quicker or is it just the same if you aren't being hard on it?

when it comes to branding.... I just thing of gasoline... Chevron basically has the same crap as every other gas station... but they brand it better to make it sound cleaner and more efficient. hence my assumption of the same when it comes to the butane
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar is the cleanest. I went cheap initially and got the Vector butane, and it clogged 4 lighters over the period of a couple days. Then you have to purge them and clean the nozzles. It's a pain. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

That's what I had... Vector. It worked great in all my lighters and my table top lighter. lol

so im gonna thread jack myself for a bit... how do you purge a lighter?

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    This video will show you how to purge your lighter.  I haven't bothered but will probably do this next time I need to fill up one of my lighters.  I started with Zippo but switched to the Xikar fuel before I had any real problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgp9l6bWhaY
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon, man!  How do you get to 3,200 posts and be a member of this forum for going on 3 years, and not know how to purge a lighter?  :'(

When it's empty enough to need a refill, it's not really empty; the gas that's in there will impede the liquid butane going in.  So you take a blunt instrument and push down on the fill valve until it doesn't hiss anymore... then you know it's actually empty and ready for the refill.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    jgibv said:
    i got you fam....but yeaaaa what wylaff said: xikar ftw.

https://youtu.be/uoGJwDbEdPM

yeah yeah yeah.... I know there is a search function. LOL Ive said it many times... I find it easier for my little brain to comprehend whats going on when I start a thread from the start instead of reading through an existing one. But Iget your point. :)
    peter4jc said:
    C'mon, man!  How do you get to 3,200 posts and be a member of this forum for going on 3 years, and not know how to purge a lighter?  :'(

When it's empty enough to need a refill, it's not really empty; the gas that's in there will impede the liquid butane going in.  So you take a blunt instrument and push down on the fill valve until it doesn't hiss anymore... then you know it's actually empty and ready for the refill.

I never knew I would need to do that! LOL my lighters worked fine from what I knew.... however I might convince my wife to let me buy a new one cause the ones I have now are old and ugly.... I need something pretty. lol
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I use the Vector III. Never had a problem once (until I dropped my lighter but thats not the Butane's fault)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I used the Colibri and love it. I need to order some more so I might look into the Xikar.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Vector vector vector!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has 10% propane so it has a higher pressure in any season
    Money can't buy taste
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still on the first container of ronson butane I have never had a problem with it. It has a plastic tip and still works. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still using my first can of Lotus. It works great. However, I think I need to clean my Black Ops torch that I orginally got. It isn't the most exepensive lighter but with two flames and a punch built in, I love it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Xikar also.  I've never had a problem with plastic tips.  Just don't get ham fisted when you fill the lighter.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Lemme see if I understand how this works,......
    If you start a new thread, I can call you out for not searching old threads?
    And, if you dare to post in an old thread I can call you out for necro-ing?  

Yep?

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is necro and nachos? 

Please send me both.
    Stop dry begging. It's a sensitive subject for a few people on here. Not funny at all.  Please leave the forum, D*ck T*rd
    ROFLMAO
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    What is necro and nachos? 

Please send me both.
    Stop dry begging. It's a sensitive subject for a few people on here. Not funny at all.  Please leave the forum, D*ck T*rd
    LSHIDMBAMSFO!
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Lucienne a bad brand? Bought in a hurry at a local smoke shop.
    I don't want anything other than people's input and their experience with different brands of butane. I've made my decision already anyway... thanks for the legit input gents! :-)
    Mmmmmmmmm dem sexy socks.......
    edited April 2016
    Also it's nice to see that the soggy scro-tum (hyphen to avoid censoring) that dislikes all my comments has made his mark here too. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    Is Lucienne a bad brand? Bought in a hurry at a local smoke shop.
    I've been using it for about a year, when I can find it, no problems so far.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I ise vector when I can it has propane in it so much better in the colder months
    Money can't buy taste