Home General Discussion
Options

Boveda as primary humidification

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

As the topic says.... But here is my question.... How many boveda packs would be sufficient to maintain a 150ct glasstop humi? the Boveda site says 4-6+.... but I was curious as to any personal experiences in this topic.

ALSO can you place your cello wrapped sticks directly on top of Boveda packs?

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking for the bare minimum number? If you want true peace of mind, go get a brick of bovedas and through them all in. And yes, they can even lay on naked sticks.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I follow the general rule of 1 pack for every 25-50 sticks. But this also depends on the humidity outside the humidor. In the winter I put (4) 75% packs for my 200 count humi. In the summer it is more like (3) 68% packs.

How many packs you need will depend on how well the seal works by the glass too.

To answer the second question, I put the packs right on top of sticks that are wrapped and unwrapped. Boveda says you can do that but still, I religiously checked for any sign of mold or damage for about 3 months and nothing appeared. 

How do make this text turn upside down?
  • Options

How many do you need? I got you. I have extras

I haven't yet decided to go the Boveda only route.... my current water cup & Heartfelt beads are doing fairly well for now. lol Thanks though, DZR. :-) just looking for input not handouts. ;-)

I am pretty sure my seals and glass are fairly decent.... my current system works pretty good. Just prepping myself for a possible change in humidification control. I have a 65% pack in my 10ct herf-a-dor for when I travel... was thinking about doing the same for my main humi and possibly a small cooler for the future.

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i call dibs !

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    i call dibs !
    I will trade you for homemade tortillas 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    What is "boveda packs" ? 

Please send me five minimum.

Yeah send this guy all the stuff you don't want... he seems rather receptive to 'gifts'
  • Options
    What is "boveda packs" ? 

Yeah send this guy all the stuff you don't want... he seems rather receptive to 'gifts'
    How long have you been crazy?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

Wylaff said:
    What is "boveda packs" ? 

How long have you been crazy?

Me? or the other voices in my head?
  • Options
    When the voices learn to type its time to seek help.  ;)

• Options
    That disturbs me....
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 6 in my 150 humi right now.  Started buying 10 packs and splitting them up between the humi's, went from there.  Putting more in seems to keep them longer too, figure it can't hurt.