Home General Discussion
Options

What do you keep for guests?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    As a 2nd thought, I find that 5 Vegas Gold, like @kswildcat and @Wylaff have pointed out, are really good mild cigars for guests.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always just buy the **** and sort out the deadwood later
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it just depends on who it is, their history, and what I know about them. If they can appreciate a good cigar I will dig deep into the stash. If they are starting out I will look for something that will be good yet either won't be too strong and o turn them green. Usually something in the Connecticut like and RyJ, LGC, or others dependent on what I have. If they have smoked and enjoyed before I probe what they have liked and either try to compliment that or let them try something different. All just depends on the person. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Wylaff said:
    Try them first with a 5er and decide what your willing to pay, then pull the trigger whenever you see it lower than that.
    Or just get drunk before you go on the bid sites. You'll get 'em faster that way.
    Or bid on a lot of stuff and be in total shock when you win the majority of the bids even with 3-4 hours left on it when you placed your first bed. Then explain to the little woman why you are a couple hundred dollars in the hole. >.>
    I would love to say I never did that, but when you have 10 bids on stuff and no one is bidding on any of them, you start sweating it.
    On the good side, I've gotten a bunch of good deals that way.
    And why do women always get that look like you are lieing when you try and explain what happened?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just their natural reaction!  Sans Edna20 of course.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Crisius said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Wylaff said:
    Try them first with a 5er and decide what your willing to pay, then pull the trigger whenever you see it lower than that.
    Or just get drunk before you go on the bid sites. You'll get 'em faster that way.
    Or bid on a lot of stuff and be in total shock when you win the majority of the bids even with 3-4 hours left on it when you placed your first bed. Then explain to the little woman why you are a couple hundred dollars in the hole. >.>
    I would love to say I never did that, but when you have 10 bids on stuff and no one is bidding on any of them, you start sweating it.
    On the good side, I've gotten a bunch of good deals that way.
    And why do women always get that look like you are lieing when you try and explain what happened?
    Because they believe you should know better than to do it in the first place. xD

Though it's the same look I give her when she can't decide between a few items at the store. I usually just grab the one that makes the most sense and throw it in the cart. Or I throw them all in the cart and just eat the price on the cost a bit so she doesn't have to later go, "Oh crap, I actually needed the other one...".
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have loads of miscellaneous stuff from cigar tests from the last few years...... However I have some stock in the Chillin Mooseli efrom Foundry .... Damn good smoke for a buck fifty