Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Mama always said..........

GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
My mother always said I was the best Mother's Day present she ever got. I was born on Mother's Day 1960, but this is not about me, or dry begging birthday presents.
This is about something truly important. Your time and your family. My mom passed away 6 years ago and I miss her every day.
We all only have a short time allotted on this planet. Use it wisely.
This Mother's Day I ask that you spend a little extra time with your mothers,Grandmothers, Mothers of your children, even mothers in law. Go spend a little time or make that phone call if you can. 
To all the SOTL here, Happy Mothers Day early!!
Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

Comments

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I lost my mother a few years ago too.  I moved her in with us 9 years before that, couldn't put her in a home.  One of my better decisions, you're right, take the time.

Up here, being spring and all, some families spend time at their mother's/grandmother's places cleaning up their yards and stuff then eat.  
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also lost my mother,just over eleven years ago. Like it's been said cherish every moment. I haven't had a day without my mom somewhere in my thoughts. So all of you who still are blessed with your mom's,go all out this mother's day,let them know how much you love them every time you talk to your mom. So there's never any regrets.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump...... because it Mothers Day
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't until my wife and I had kids that I had even understood or celebrated mother's day. 
    My mother was a drunk, so most likely was in the bars during those days. 

I am fortunate to have a wife that my boys value as a mother. I don't think there is a day goes by that they have to call or see their mom. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mom is on her way for dinner, fortunate to have the folks only 10 minutes away. They retired here 10 years ago and I was fortunate to land a job here a few years ago.
    Happy Mother's Day to all SOTL
    A little dirt never hurt