Home Non Cigar Related
Options

After 16 years

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sad morning at our place. Had to put our dog down after 16 years. She had one litter and she had out lived all but one of her pups. Wife and two daughters were in tears but our 2 year old grandson told them not to worry because she was going to doggy heaven. Give your pets an extra hug today.

Comments

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry I'm so sorry to hear that brother. As a dog lover it's always hard to lose your buddy. Keep your head up bro 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh man, I'm sorry to hear you had to put her down.  I dread the day it comes for my 2 pups as they are family.  time for a special stick to remember her by!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, almost all of the really bad stuff in life happens to us... yes, some are a result of our bad choices, but they mainly happen to us.  Putting down a pet is a decision we have to make for another, for someone we love, and I think that adds another huge layer of why it's so hard.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I feel for ya man. My wife's dog is not looking good. 13 yr old Jack Russell. Had his Spleen removed and they found cancer on his Liver. Vet gave us 3 months. He has lasted longer,but now he is about to pass, u can see it. No tail wag and very slow to move. Hoping he pulls through but we are prepared for the worse. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear Larry.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Larry, sending thoughts and prayers your way
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry, my heart is with you. More than any other pet (that I know of) a dog offers unconditional love and companionship. I'm sorry for your loss.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this. I had to put mine down a few years ago and it was one of the worst days of my life. I still miss him but after this long the smiles come easier. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry. I feel your pain. Have had 3 labs. My last one Gus died young from Lyme disease. He was more human than most people. Been 2 years and still can't think about getting another dog. Keep your head up and be strong.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that.
    It's funny how they become part of your family.

When our lab died years back, we weren't gonna get another dog, but my son ended up with this pit/mastiff/lab mix and he's now 4 years old and part of the family.

He pouts like the kids and whines just like they do. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, it's never easy doing that for them.  They are part of the family.  Couple of times now the vet has told me I'd know when it's time.  One had cancer, the other kidney problems.  I know I waited too long for both but I wasn't ready to let them go, selfish really.  

Your grandson sounds like quite a compassionate little man there, too cute.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It was her time. Lots of great memories!
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. They're definitely more than pets. They're family. I dread the day I have to make that decision for our cats and dog. Keep your head up and remember the good times. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My condolences on your loss Larry. 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude! That sux. My heart goes a out to you and your family. Celebrate the good times and remember all those loving face licks. I'm really sorry for your loss. The family pup is a HUGE part of comfort when other things go ka-fluwey  <3 to the pups that keep us sain. 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from putting our Jack Russell down. After nearly 14 years he succumbed to cancer. It sucks when you lose your best friend for sure. Like it was said hug your pet.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear that,always remember the good times you have had. 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry about your loss. Be strong.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are the best companions and really do help you make it through your own tough times. My condolences to your whole family Larry.
  • Options
    GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for you and your family's loss.
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn
    A little dirt never hurt