Home Non Cigar Related

Anybody else had trouble lately viewing the photos?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody else had trouble lately "seeing" some of the pics that members are posting? 

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you have to click the pic box and hit add photo for it to load in the thread.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^what he said. To not blow up pics leave them alone. If you want to see them touch them  :p
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Nolagizmo said:
    ^^^^what he said. To not blow up pics leave them alone. If you want to see them touch them  :p
    Bob was talking about broken image links that have been showing up lately.
    Most, if not all of the smaller images and some of the large images only show up as broken image links until you click on them.
    So when you view the thread, you have no idea what the image is until you click on it.

And it seems like it is only affecting some of us.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    exactly whats happening on mine
    A little dirt never hurt
    Yeah it happens to me when I load from my phone. But if I click on the broken image and hit add picture it loads to full size in the thread. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Believe it is an IT issue on CC's end from what I have read. I have the same issue and only with this site. The pic post in some threads and not others and every post with a pic has only a blue square where the image is added.

BTW it started about 5-7 days ago.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I posted an earlier pic it was fine. Now 5 hours later it is turned sideways. Has happened the last few times I posted pics.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's DD only shows 2 pics. 

Mystery Deal?  Call your own shots? 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about anyone else but it is getting worse for me to see attachments of pics. Many are missing or a blue square. Still think it is the website.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think we are getting censored by big brother.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a theory, um, ehum, a theory, which is mine...

"All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle and then thin again at the far end." That is my theory, it is mine and belongs to me, and I own it and what it is, too.  (apologies to Monty Python)

But seriously I have noticed this issue too.  I used to be able to see the images in the thumbnails as well as the inline images, but now the thumbnails don't show up.  My theory is that the larger attachments don't show in the forum and you must click on the broken image link to view them.  I haven't had any trouble seeing my own images, but I reduce the resolution to around 700 x 700 pixels before uploading (either with a reduce photo size app on my mobile devices or on my Windows PC).  The cameras these days take such high resolution pictures that they're really a strain on loading the images on the forum, especially considering that they'll be displayed in the post at a lower resolution anyway.

Has there been a setting change recently on the forum?  If so, is it possible to have the forum resize the image after uploading it to resolve this issue?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I have already explained a fix. When you load the picture from your device it will appear as a blue square. If you click that blue square a an option to add pic or delete will appear. Click add picture and it will load it into the thread.
    -- Winston Churchill

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blue arrested development bluth
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bum of the week thread works just fine. Guess if it's important enough it will get figured out  ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...