Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Keeping count?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
So a question was presented to me.

What happens if you can't return fire on a bunch of people who hit/fired/bombed or smacked you around? And can only hit a few at a time?
Do people keep track?

I'm sure there are some who do, but if folks are keeping track, then I'm probably in trouble.

If you are gonna feel slighted because you din't get hit back, then you probably shouldn't send anything. 

Remember that those are not trades and while it is nice, sometimes really fun, to hit someone back, they go into it knowing that it may not happen. After a while, you get lost in who hit you, who you hit and making a statement. 

If someone feels that I have slighted them, I would hope like hell they would PM me.
I have a memory like a broken trap door, but I do try and remember who the offenders are. LOL!

The point is, pay it forward, hit back, get creative (I personally like that best) or don't. 
Do what you feel comfortable with, but most of all, if you send and it isn't a trade or pass, the only thing you should expect in return is acknowledgement. 

Some may disagree with theses statements, but it was the stance when I first came here and unless things have changed, it still is.

Stepping off my soapbox now, commence throwing stones. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well said. I would like to get creative, could you please pm me your addy? If not could someone else?
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I might have it, let me check
  • Options
    Very well said. I would like to get creative, could you please pm me your addy? If not could someone else?
    Uhmmm.......no.
    And Brad and Doug, don't you dare.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    On a totally unrelated topic...... @genareddog
    you have a pm
  • Options
    You guys are not very nice at all. 

They need a bus driver badge. ROFL!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
     Thanks reggie713 and um can I please get your addy?
  • Options
     Thanks reggie713 and um can I please get your addy?
    Bwaahahaha!!!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Careful what ya wish for
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ok, so here is another question brought up.

I am concerned that someone may not think what I send is good enough. If I send something like RyJ or Upmann, they may think I'm too much of a noob.

I say, Hogwash!
    If you like a certain cigar and want to send it, then by all means, send it.
    Some of the best "bundle cigars" I have found have come from hits on me. Had someone not sent them and thought I might like them, I'd have missed out.

Remember, most of what I love about receiving something is the thought that soneone thought of me enough to send something THEY like for me to try. 
    And I get even more tickled when someone sends something that says, "When I saw these, I thought of you.

Let's face it, it's about the thought, not so much the cigar.
    Some of my most prizes cigars have been from people who thought I would like them. 
    One cigar that was sent to me, was a "giveaway" cigar that the person received that had no value to them, but was one of my "unicorn" cigars. One that I had been searching for with no luck.

If you value a cigar, then it is worthy. Plain and simple.
    And remember, it isn't just about cigars. You can get creative with things. 
    Twistedstem makes those awesome bookmarks, dzr makes killer stogie stands, waternerd with the pepper stuff.

Never assume that something isn't good enough. What IS good enough, is your thought of someone.

Ok, back down off my soapbox.
    Sorry, I went a little long on these posts. :)
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    Wasn't gift giving/receiving taught in like kindergarten or Sunday school?..  Regardless, if I bomb someone I'm not expecting anything. If someone does expect something I believe they should take a good hard look at themselves and get themselves edumacated in the fine art of grow the fumuck up..  :)
    Agreed.
    But over time, these kinds of questions have come up over and over. There seems to be a feeling of obligation to return fire or worrying something isn't good enough and I have to confess that even I have felt that concern. 
    Let's face it, there are some folks on the forum, that hitting gives you some personal satisfaction.

I totally understand newer folk's concerns about sending.
    We all want to do good with it, but they shouldn't streas over it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    My post may have been a bit harsh (OK it was harsh).

When I've been asked I've always said the guys here are just awsome. If on the receiving end and cannot return do not worry about it, was a gift. If returning or just sending don't stress out wondering if up to snuff, it's the thought that counts. I can only speak for myself, but with the caliber of men and ladies on here I'm sure most feel the same.

I may be different then some, but if someone gifts me a cigar I will smoke it eventually regardless what it is. I figure if they thought enuff to send it to me I should be the one to smoke it. Hell may enjoy it if it's new to you. Granted I'm still a newbie but I've already smoked gifted cigars that I may have not bought for myself and liked them  :)
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Found lots of new favorites from bombs, not sure if that's good or bad though.

I just bomb for the fun of it really.  Don't keep track of who I've hit but those that hit me I do.  Payback was never expected from a bomb, that's what trades are for I thought.  As a matter of fact I was bombing anonymously a while back for that reason, didn't want to get hit back, lol.  
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait Tony needs to be bombed again?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Albinfk said:
    I am fairly new here and just sent out a bunch of what I call "joy cigars". Maybe I was out of line because of my newness here. I sent them out because some people said some kind words about my daughter's graduation from pharmacy school. She was the third and last of my children that me and my wife put thru college and for some reason I was overcome with feelings. I felt so proud and also a little old but completely overjoyed and wanted to share it. Some crazy idea came to my head to share some cigars with some of the new people I discovered that have the same passion as me cause only a few of my friends smoke cigars. I truly believe it is better to give and try to make as many people happy as I can. If I can't I really don't give a **** because I at least tried. I NEVER expect anything in return. I also don't keep track or count or judge or kiss assssss and if you do I don't care. I seem to have offended some people but my sole purpose was basically that's the way I felt at the time and that's who I am.

Agree. don't think anyone took offense. What you did was came straight from the heart!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Albinfk

I do not believe anyone is or was offended by the wonderful idea to share your happiness with the BOTL here. If being bombed (gifted) bothers someone they are in the wrong place. I am a fairly new here, but the generosity and compassion I have seen from members of this forum is amazing.

@james40 is spot on!!  Well said James.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.