Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

601 La Bomba Napalm, Robusto

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭

Strength: 5-Full Bodied

Vitola: Robusto

Wrapper: Connecticut Broad leaf, Habano

Origin: Nicaragua

This is a cigar for the bold and courageous, not the meek or mild among you! Wrapped in a dark and oily Habano wrapper, it blasts you with the flavors of habaneros, nuts and leather from the first puff until you burn your fingers and put it down to breathe its last as you wipe a tear away for its passing.

Somewhere about the end of the second third subtly stronger notes of bitter chocolate and coffee make themselves known.

This stick is locked and loaded with extra fermented Nicaraguan ligero long-fillers and is the strongest 601 I have had to date. Pair it with a peaty Scotch, an IPA with purpose (higher IBU, medium malt) or a young, bold red wine. If you’re into the white stuff (no I don’t mean milk), a good Semillon or Sauvignon Blanc would work.

It’s worth noting that, in a Limited Edition release, The Warhead gives this stick a kick by taking the same core and wrapping it with Connecticut Broad Leaf Maduro.I have to try that when I am close to a hospital!

Comments

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like this smoke a lot. Still have about 8-9 left from years ago and I need to revisit. Thanks for the review and the reminder! 
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a good deal on these around... Sometimes you just need a ridiculously strong cigar.  I thought I'd try em and this review makes me glad I picked them up.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America