Home General Discussion

I guess it's bad form.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Evidently, asking if someone has tried a cigar is dry begging, so I won't ask that question anymore.
Silly me, I just thought that it would be nice to hear someone's thoughts on a certain cigar before a person purchased them was a good idea. 
Who knew it wasn't taken that way. 

So, my apologies.  :o
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now you just come in begging for forgiveness? What the hell, Man?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can always go out begging forgiveness too, just as easily.  ;)
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
     <3 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you looking for, Tony? 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting a new discussion is dry begging too. 
    Also, why does the begging always have to be dry? How does it differ from regular begging?

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Pm me on what your wanting to try...
    Money can't buy taste
    If you want to talk cigars you'll have to go to a cigar forum...oh, wait...

Asking how a cigar was or if anyone has tried one is far from begging IMO. 

Yeah, weird how talking about cigars on a cigar forum is now considered begging.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking how a cigar was or if anyone has tried one is far from begging IMO. 

Yeah, weird how talking about cigars on a cigar forum is now considered begging.
    Charlie stop trying to make sense lol. Welcome to the internet I guess. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone try a davidoff year of the sheep or monkey?
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40 said:
    I think certain people are upset not with the question but with the motive. Asking about a cigar with the intent of truly learning about it in order to make, or not make, an informed decision is one thing versus asking about a cigar in the hopes of getting bombed with them. In other words, it's not the how, it's the why. I'm not referring to anyone, it's just my take on why this term is now thrown around on our forum. 
    I love you @james40
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40 said:
    I think certain people are upset not with the question but with the motive. Asking about a cigar with the intent of truly learning about it in order to make, or not make, an informed decision is one thing versus asking about a cigar in the hopes of getting bombed with them. In other words, it's not the how, it's the why. I'm not referring to anyone, it's just my take on why this term is now thrown around on our forum. 
    I believe you hit the nail on the head @james40 .

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Well the good news is.... It will take you forever to catch up to my 'disagree' button count. ;) honestly it's all a joke to me now. Whoever the jerk is.... Let them stew behind their keyboard. Screw them. 
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the good news is.... It will take you forever to catch up to my 'disagree' button count. ;) honestly it's all a joke to me now. Whoever the jerk is.... Let them stew behind their keyboard. Screw them. 
    I think if you get 4 more you get a badge. I ll help. +1.

All in fun you just gotta ignore it. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

I think if you get 4 more you get a badge. I ll help. +1.

All in fun you just gotta ignore it. 
    I'm pretty close to having my disagrees out number all the other button options I've earned. It's a badge of honor that someone feels they need to invest that much time in disagreeing with all my comments. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No badges for disagrees. If so I would have had it long ago
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

He's got more than double yours.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    So how were the Herfdogs?  :D

@james40 did in fact hit the nail on the head.  And as we all know, when we try to guess someone's motives, we're rarely correct.

Maybe we can get an emoji for calling out a dry-begger.   :dizzy:
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I dissected one herfdog and put the rest in the trash. Lol
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    No badges for disagrees. If so I would have had it long ago
    yeah, we've already established multiple times there's no disagree badge. 
    if so i'd be on level 6 right now. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    i got to the point where i stopped asking about cigars on here or on the vherf because it seemed like if you asked someone was going to bomb you with them, and i didn't like nor want that.  I honestly wanted to get feedback on specific cigars.  I liked it when we used to have a little more active Rating/Reviews section because it seemed like you could at least talk about things there without people thinking you were asking for one.  it was invaluable to me when i started out because i found out my palate was really close to another couple of members and if they had tried it and liked it, so would I.  So i could get things that they liked and enjoy them.

I think it might be a good idea to start using that section a little more for those types of conversations so that people know the poster is really looking for peoples opinions on a specific cigar.  Maybe phrase the inquiry like looking for a review/opinions of "specific cigar" to see what everyone thinks.  

there have been too many posters around here that had the intentions of being bombed with those cigars by asking those questions and repeated the same tactics at other sites, but those people are long gone.  I think we need to move past the whole let's not talk about cigars because we are afraid of being labeled as a beggar. 
    Post edited by brianetz1 on
    Then there is this guy. 
    I dissected one herfdog and put the rest in the trash. Lol
    I'm not sure why you're proud of receiving those Herf Dogs.
    I can remember only one other person receiving them since my time here and that person was a big time D*ck T*rd.

I am not proud of it.